Pets: Fairfax Prepares Day 1
When a disaster strikes, such as a flood or tornado, we need be ready to take proper care of and plan for our dogs, cats and other pets.
In a recent county survey, only 13 percent of respondents said they have made preparedness kits for their pets. Let’s work as the whole community to improve that percentage.
- Food and water for at least three days
- Medications and medical records
- Cat litter box and litter
- Sturdy leashes, harnesses, and carriers
- Current photos and descriptions
- Pet beds and toys
- Information about your pets’ feeding schedules, medical conditions, behavior problems, and the name and number of your veterinarian in case you have to board your pets or place them in foster care