Car Preparedness: Fairfax Prepares Day 28
If you drive, then please consider including a small stash of supplies for your vehicle.
What should be in a car preparedness kit? Here’s a sampling of ideas across all seasons:
- Clothes with warm, comfortable footwear
- Diapers if you have children
- First-aid kit
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Food, such as snack bars
- Ice scraper/brush and snow shovel
- Jumper cables
- Paper towels
- Phone charger
- Plastic bag with seal for waste
- Sand, salt or kitty litter
- Sign to request help
Also, it’s critical to ensure you have at least a quarter tank of gas in case there are massive traffic delays. You may recall the January 2011 snowstorm that caused many people to be on the roads for 10+ hours. Try to always be prepared with gas and many of the supplies listed above.