How To Dispose of Your Yard Debris
Posted at 9:15 a.m.
Cleanup is underway in our neighborhoods and communities. There are several options available for managing debris generated from the wind storm:
- All refuse collection companies operating in Fairfax County must collect brush placed at their customers’ curbsides as long as the brush is in bundles of less than 4 feet in length, weighing less than 50 pounds and no piece is larger than 6 inches in diameter.
- For larger amounts of brush or bulk debris, you should contact your trash collection service provider for information about special collections and set-out instructions.
- You may also self-haul large amounts of brush or bulk debris to the county’s recycling and disposal centers at the I-66 Transfer Station or the I-95 Landfill Complex where it can be disposed of for a fee. Be aware that there are fees for brush and tree debris.
- View complete details on tree and debris removal.
- Get more information on avoiding tree-trimming scams.