Fairfax County Government Open With Unscheduled Leave for Employees for Thursday, Jan. 4; Schools Closed
Posted 5:13 a.m
Government, Schools and Courts
- Fairfax County Government offices will be open on Thursday, Jan. 4, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools will be closed on Thursday, Jan. 4. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers will be closed.
- The Fairfax County General District Court, Circuit Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will open on time.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/neighborhood-community-services/ or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/neighborhood-community-services/transportation/fastran.
Public Assistance Lobbies/SkillSource
The Department of Family Services employment/SkillSource centers and public assistance lobbies may be affected by inclement weather. Call 703-324-7500, TTY 711, for the current operating status.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar at for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.