Virginia Sales Tax Holiday is This Weekend, Aug. 4-6
Stock Up on Hurricane and Emergency Preparedness Items and Save Money
Posted at 11 a.m.
Virginia’s Sales Tax Holiday is this weekend, Friday through Sunday, Aug. 4-6.
During the sales tax holiday, you can buy qualifying hurricane and emergency preparedness items (PDF), as well as school supplies, clothing, footwear and Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products without paying sales tax.
What items are eligible?
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products
- Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item
- Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item
- Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item
- Other specified hurricane preparedness items – $60 or less per item
- School supplies, clothing, and footwear
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item
- Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for noncommercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item