Fairfax County Government Open With Unscheduled Leave for Employees for Tuesday, March 14; Schools Closed
Posted 4:34 a.m; updated 11:28 a.m.
Government, Schools and Courts
- Fairfax County Government offices will be open on Tuesday, March 14, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools will be closed on Tuesday, March 14. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers will be closed.
- The Fairfax County General District Court, Circuit Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open on time.
- There will be no trash, recycling, yard waste or special pickup collection on Tuesday, March 14. Tuesday customers should leave their trash and recycling carts at the curb/street line for us to collect this week. If you receive trash/recycling collection service from a private trash collector please contact them directly.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
Public Assistance Lobbies/SkillSource
The Department of Family Services employment/SkillSource centers and public assistance lobbies may be affected by inclement weather. Call 703-324-7500, TTY 711, for the current operating status.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
- George Mason Regional, Reston Regional and Oakton Library are closed Tuesday, March 14.
View the public meetings calendar at for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.