Fairfax County Government, Courts and Schools CLOSED Tuesday, Jan. 26
Posted 8:25 p.m.
Government, Courts and Schools
- Fairfax County Government offices/facilities will be CLOSED on Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2016. Employees are granted emergency administrative leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled. Emergency services such as public safety will be available.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will be CLOSED Jan. 26
- Fairfax County Public Schools will be closed Tuesday, Jan. 26.Fairfax County experienced a historic snow storm. The county is geographically diverse, and while roads are clear in parts of the county, some areas, especially the northern and western edges, are still experiencing significant problems. Employee safety is a priority and closing Tuesday will enable VDOT and homeowner associations to clear the remainder of the roads so everyone can get to work safely.
- Fairfax Connector bus service for Tuesday, Jan. 26 is limited service Sunday schedule. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- The county has suspended the requirement for trash and recycling collection for the week of Jan. 25-30 for all collection companies operating in the county. However, collection may resume before Jan. 30; it will depend on road conditions and your provider’s decision.
- Snow Update Hub: Check out this page for continuous updates from key sources such as the county, VDOT and many more.
- This Emergency Information Blog, which will feature status updates, safety tips and more.
- Follow us directly on Twitter at @fairfaxcounty
- If you’re on Facebook, we’ll post key updates on our page.
- Fairfax Alerts for important updates by email or text.
- View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations in the coming week of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions
- More ways to stay informed