Fairfax County Government, Courts and Schools Closed on Monday, Jan. 25
Posted 11:40 a.m.
Government, Courts and Schools
- Fairfax County Government offices/facilities will be closed on Monday, Jan. 25, 2016. Employees are granted emergency administrative leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled. Emergency services such as public safety will be available.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will be closed Jan. 25.
- Fairfax County Public Schools will be closed Jan. 25 and Jan. 26.
- Fairfax Connector bus service for Monday will be decided tonight. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- The county has suspended the requirement for trash and recycling collection for the week of Jan. 25-30 for all collection companies operating in the county. However, collection may resume before Jan. 30; it will depend on road conditions and your provider’s decision.
- Snow Update Hub: Check out this page for continuous updates from key sources such as the county, VDOT and many more.
- This Emergency Information Blog, which will feature status updates, safety tips and more.
- Follow us directly on Twitter at @fairfaxcounty
- If you’re on Facebook, we’ll post key updates on our page.
- Fairfax Alerts for important updates by email or text.
- View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations in the coming week of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions
- More ways to stay informed