Do Not Park on Snow Emergency Routes
Posted 11:12 a.m.
Fairfax County’s emergency routes must be open for first responders and VDOT snow removal efforts. Do not park your vehicles on these dedicated roads before, during or after the blizzard:
The Fairfax County Police Department has authority to remove any vehicle that is stalled, stuck, parked or abandoned on an emergency route. The owner or operator of a vehicle that is moved will be responsible for the towing fee, as well as a fine.
We have many ways you can choose to stay informed during this blizzard:
- Snow Update Hub: Check out this page for continuous updates from key sources such as the county, National Weather Service, VDOT and many more.
- This Emergency Information Blog, which will feature status updates, safety tips and more.
- Follow us directly on Twitter at @fairfaxcounty
- If you’re on Facebook, we’ll post key updates on our page.
- Fairfax Alerts for important weather updates by email or text.
- More ways to stay informed