Fairfax County Government to Close at Noon Friday; Remain Closed Through Sunday
Posted at 5:55 p.m. / Updated Jan. 22, 8:30 a.m.
- Fairfax County Government offices/facilities for Friday, Jan. 22:
- Open on time with unscheduled leave for employees, but will CLOSE at noon and remain closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled. Emergency services such as public safety will be available during the blizzard.
- Fairfax County Public Schools will be closed Jan. 22 and all after-school activities have been cancelled through Sunday.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will open on time and then close at noon.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service will be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Snow Update Hub: Check out this page for continuous updates from key sources such as the county, National Weather Service, VDOT and many more.
- This Emergency Information Blog, which will feature status updates, safety tips and more.
- Follow us directly on Twitter at @fairfaxcounty
- If you’re on Facebook, we’ll post key updates on our page.
- Fairfax Alerts for important weather updates by email or text.
- More ways to stay informed