Who to Contact If You Experience Flooding
(Posted 12:13 p.m.)
All of this heavy rain until Saturday may lead to some flooding in your home, business or other location.
We’ve provided 8 ways to prepare for potential floods, but in case you have to respond to a flood, here’s who to contact:
- Rising water that threatens your safety, call 9-1-1.
- Storm flooding during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.), call 703-877-2800, TTY 711.
- For after-hours storm flooding emergencies that are not life threatening, call 703-323-1211, TTY 703-239-8498, and state that you are reporting a storm sewer emergency; this number is staffed 24 hours a day.
- For sanitary sewer flooding, call 703-323-1211, TTY 703-239-8498.
- If you have damp walls or floors, contact a water removal or restoration company.