Government Offices Open 10 a.m. Friday, March 6
Posted at 5:18 a.m.; Updated at 5:51 a.m.
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices will open at 10 a.m. today, Friday, March 6. Employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, Friday, March 6. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will open on time.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- All Department of Neighborhood and Community Services community, senior and teen centers are closed today.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Fairfax County Public Libraries are closed today.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at >www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
To report an emergency, call (preferred) or text 9-1-1 (voice and TTY). For non-emergencies, call 703-691-2131, TTY 703-877-3715.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
Earlier this afternoon, Fire Chief Richard Bowers announced his retirement to the men and women of the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department. Following his announcement, he sent the following message to all personnel. Good afternoon Fairfax County Fire and Rescue personnel! I have proudly and honorably served in the Fire and Rescue profession for almost 41 […]
The Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department is pleased to announce that Lieutenant Marc Davidson, Training Academy, has been selected as recipient of the 2017 Governor’s Fire Service Award for Firefighter of the Year. The Governor’s Fire Service Awards were established as a formal recognition of excellence in Virginia’s Fire Services. Lieutenant Davidson was recognized […]
On Tuesday, February 13 at approximately 3:12 p.m., units were dispatched for a reported townhouse fire in the 8500 block of Jeffersonian Court in the Tysons section of Fairfax County. Units arrived on scene to find smoke showing from a second floor window to the rear of a two-story, middle unit townhouse. Crews found, and quickly […]
Fairfax County Police Department News
Fair Oaks Police District – Detectives are asking for the public’s help in identifying three individuals they believe are responsible for a burglary that took place yesterday around 12:50 p.m. in the 5300 block of Poplar Valley Court in Centreville. Three males were seen running across Stringfellow Road near Autumn Willow Drive where they jumped […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION ROBBERY: 5047 Westfields Boulevard (Subway), 2/15/18, 9:00 p.m. A man entered the store and displayed a hand gun demanding money. The suspect took cash and ran away. There were no injuries. The suspect was described as Hispanic, 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 4 inches tall, average build, and wearing all black […]
Sully Police District – Our homicide detectives were able to confirm the identity of the body found in Centreville on Wednesday as 17-year-old Matthew Ortega, during an autopsy at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. The autopsy results are pending. Due to the ongoing criminal investigation, at this point we are only confirming Ortega […]