Government Offices Open 10 a.m. Friday, March 6
Posted at 5:18 a.m.; Updated at 5:51 a.m.
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices will open at 10 a.m. today, Friday, March 6. Employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, Friday, March 6. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will open on time.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- All Department of Neighborhood and Community Services community, senior and teen centers are closed today.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Fairfax County Public Libraries are closed today.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at >www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 13800 block of Beaujolais Court, purse from vehicle 13700 block of Marsden Court, wallet from vehicle STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 3100 block of Lockheed Boulevard, merchandise from business 8500 block of Richmond Highway, merchandise from business STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 1400 block […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: None reported STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 2800 block of Fairhaven Avenue, package from residence 6600 block of Richmond Highway, cell phones from business 6700 block of Richmond Highway, merchandise from business 8500 block of Springman Street, license plate from vehicle STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MCLEAN DISTRICT […]
Mason Police District – A 53-year-old woman is facing multiple charges of grand larceny after stealing several thousand dollars from the Queen of Apostles Church, located at 4329 Sano Street in Alexandria. A volunteer from the Parish office contacted us on September 7 to report their suspicions that a volunteer was taking money from the weekly […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: None reported STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 800 block of Arcturus on the Potomac, property from residence 8500 block of Bound Brook Lane, cell phone and wallet from vehicle 6000 block of Fort Hunt Road, purse from vehicle 5900 block of Richmond Highway, property from vehicle 6100 […]
McLean Police District – One woman is dead following a crash this morning in McLean. Officers responded to the westbound lanes of Leesburg Pike near the Dulles Toll Road around 6:15. Once on scene, they located a 2014 Kia Optima. The driver, 75-year-old Shirley Lee Corum, of Sterling, was transported to a local hospital where […]