Government Offices and Courts Closed Thursday, March 5
Posted at 5:10 a.m.
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are closed today, Thursday, March 5 and employees are granted emergency administrative leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court also are closed today.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, March 5. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, FASTRAN
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
To report an emergency, call (preferred) or text 9-1-1 (voice and TTY). For non-emergencies, call 703-691-2131, TTY 703-877-3715.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
Temperatures today will reach the mid-90’s. Of further concern is that the Heat Index could reach over 100 by this afternoon! Learn the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion from Lieutenant/Paramedic Chris Kroboth and Firefighter/Paramedic Monica Harding. Also learn what to do if you find someone is suffering from heat exhaustion.
Warmer temperatures are in store this weekend and into next week! Everyone needs to remember a potential danger that can impact young children. Unfortunately, every year, young children are left alone in a vehicle that quickly heats up with the end result being injury or even death. Some cases involve kids getting into unlocked vehicles […]
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 12200 block of Henderson Road, items from residence 6700 block of Rockledge Place, watch residence 4900 block of Westone Plaza, pizza from driver 4700 block of Westfields Boulevard, phone from school STOLEN VEHICLES: 13200 block of Johnny Moore Lane, 2003 Honda CRF150RB 13200 block of Johnny Moore Lane, 2007 XR50 4000 […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 4500 block of Brookfield Corporate Drive, personal items from hotel room STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION ROBBERY: 3400 block of Van Dyke St, 6/14/18, 2:00 pm. A woman was walking home with her two children when she was approached by a man who requested bus fare. After telling […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 5800 block of Waterdale Court, electronic device and cash from car 4000 block of Kimberly Glen Court, change from car STOLEN VEHICLES: 14800 block of Stonecroft Center Court, 2017 Nissan Altima MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 2300 block of Huntington Avenue, merchandise from business 8200 block of Richmond Highway, merchandise from […]