Government Offices Open March 2; Unscheduled Leave Granted for Employees
Posted at 5:28 a.m.
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are open today, Monday, March 2, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, Monday, March 2. School Age Child Care(SACC) centers are closed.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION UNLAWFUL ENTRY: 4100 block of Chantilly Lace Court, 5/19/17 around 4:30 a.m. An investigation determined a man entered a home through an unlocked door. A 24-year-old woman inside became frightened and ran out of the home. Officers checked the area but did not locate the suspect. He was described as black, between […]
Reston Police District – Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney, Raymond F. Morrogh, informed Colonel Edwin C. Roessler Jr., Chief of Police, on Friday, May 19 that he found no basis for criminal liability on the part of the officer involved in the deployment of deadly force on January 16 at 13316 Covered Wagon Lane, in Herndon. […]
ALCOHOL ENFORCEMENT There will be a sobriety checkpoint in the Mason Police District tomorrow, May 20, between 11 p.m. and 2 a.m. Please drive sober and stay safe! SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 6500 block of Bull Run Woods Trail, license plate from vehicle STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION MALICIOUS WOUNDING/ASSAULT/ARREST: 7200 block […]
Franconia Police District – On Monday, May 15, around 1:20 p.m., we responded to the 7200 block of Hansford Court in Springfield for a report of a burglary. The victim, a 48-year-old woman, saw a man standing on the second floor of her residence. She screamed and the suspect ran out of the house. The […]
West Springfield Police District – Detectives are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man who secretly recorded females inside a Walmart, located at 6000 Burke Commons Road, on Sunday, May 14 around 11 a.m. An investigation determined the suspect used a recording device to unlawfully record up the dresses of a 10-year-old girl […]