Government Offices Open March 2; Unscheduled Leave Granted for Employees
Posted at 5:28 a.m.
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are open today, Monday, March 2, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, Monday, March 2. School Age Child Care(SACC) centers are closed.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
Detectives are investigating the death of a 46-year-old inmate at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center. The man was having a medical emergency and was taken to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead. Our department investigates all of Fairfax County Sheriff’s Office’s in-custody deaths. To view the Sheriff’s Office release of information regarding […]
Franconia Police District – Mustafa Ismail, the 16-year-old who went missing yesterday has been located in New York City, and is safe. Mustafa is currently being reunited with his family. (Original release: August 17, 2017) Have You Seen This Missing Endangered 16-Year-Old? Franconia Police District – Detectives are asking for the public’s assistance in locating […]
Mason Police District – A Triangle man is facing charges today after a multi-faceted incident in Annandale. Officers were called to the 7400 block of Little River Turnpike shortly after 9 this morning for an initial report of a robbery. An investigation determined the suspect, identified as 35-year-old Kelly Christopher Robinson, had been involved in […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 14400 block of Chantilly Crossing Lane, cell phone from business 16200 block of Sunset View Trail, construction material from construction site STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION BURGLARY OF AN OCCUPIED DWELLING: 4200 block of Corcoran Street, 8/17/17 around 4:15 a.m. We responded to the report of a man […]
Mason Police District – Dora Portillo de Moreira has been found safe in the City of Alexandria. Officers are reuniting her with her family. Original Release: Have You Seen This Critical Missing Woman? Mason Police District – Officers are looking for a 77-year-old woman who did not return home from a walk this afternoon. […]