Government Offices Open March 2; Unscheduled Leave Granted for Employees
Posted at 5:28 a.m.
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are open today, Monday, March 2, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, Monday, March 2. School Age Child Care(SACC) centers are closed.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
Mount Vernon Police District: Early this morning around 1 a.m., we got a call for a shooting in the 6600 block of The Parkway in Alexandria. When officers arrived, they found a teenaged male who had been shot. He was taken to the hospital with serious injuries, but remains in stable condition. Detectives believe this is not a random incident and that there […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION Animal Protection Officers Seek Identity of Dog Walker LARCENIES: 14000 block of Summer Tree Road, exhaust pipe from vehicle MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION ROBBERY: 2800 block of Beacon Hill Road, 1/18/17, around 4:50 p.m. Two men entered a store and took merchandise without paying. An employee attempted to retrieve the merchandise and one […]
Sully District Station – Animal Protection Police officers would like help identifying the woman who was walking a dog that bit a 14-year-old teen on Wednesday, January 18, around 3 p.m. The teen was walking on Sully Park Drive near Kamputa Drive when he passed a woman walking a dog on a leash. The dog […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 5100 block of Westfields Boulevard, alcohol from store MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION ROBBERY: 8300 block of Richmond Highway, 1/17/17, around 10:30 p.m. A 56-year-old man was walking down the street when three men assaulted him from behind. They demanded his wallet and continued to assault him, but he managed to break […]
Reston Police District – The decedent in yesterday’s double shooting/barricade with hostage incident that led to a fatal officer-involved shooting has been identified as Mohammad Azim Doudzai, 32, of 13316 Covered Wagon Lane. Our investigation has determined the decedent got into an argument with his girlfriend, a 28-year-old woman, at his Herndon-area home yesterday afternoon. […]