Government Offices Open Feb. 26; Unscheduled Leave Granted for Employees
Updated at 5:20 a.m.
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are open today, Thursday, Feb. 26, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- All Fairfax County public schools will open two hours late today, Thursday, Feb. 26. All offices will open on time. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers will open at 7 a.m.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will open on time.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, FASTRAN
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 6900 block of Hovingham Court, wallet from vehicle STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION ROBBERY: 2900 block of Arlington Drive, 11/21/17 around 10:45 p.m. The victim was approached by two men in the parking lot and was assaulted by them. During the assault, the two men stole cash […]
To the Residents of Fairfax County: As your Chief of Police, I want to ensure you have the latest information on the U.S. Park Police’s officer-involved shooting that occurred in the Mount Vernon District on Friday, November 17. Below is a news release the FBI sent to the media last night. Here’s what I […]
Fairfax County Public Schools Employee Charged with Assault and Battery on Child with Autism; Two Others Recently Charged in Separate Incident
A Fairfax County Public Schools employee is facing charges this week after an investigation found he assaulted a child with autism twice while on the way to school. These incidents are not related to the two arrests we reported on earlier this week, and involve a different suspect and victim. In this case, a mother […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 14400 block of Woodmere Court, property and money from residence STOLEN VEHICLES None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 8400 block of Fort Hunt Road, candy from school 6300 block of Richmond Highway, wallet from business 7600 block of Richmond Highway, shoes from business STOLEN VEHICLES None reported MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION […]
Our department will be launching a pilot body worn camera program this coming spring, after unanimous approval from the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors this morning. This pilot program will be conducted with all operational uniformed patrol officers from two of our district stations; Mount Vernon and Mason. It will include 230 cameras and last […]