Government Offices Open Feb. 18; Unscheduled Leave Granted
Posted 10:26 p.m.
- Fairfax County Government offices will be open on time Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2015, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court also are open on time on Feb. 18.
- Fairfax County Public Schools will be closed Feb. 18. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers will be closed.
Status for Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Status for Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about Fastran, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
Recycling and Trash
- Check the status of collection if you live in a county service area. Most county residents have services with a private collector; contact your provider with questions.
- View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County Government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.