Status Update for Tuesday, Jan. 27
Posted at 4:45
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are open today, Jan. 27, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, Jan. 27. School Age Child Care(SACC) centers are closed.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
To report an emergency, call (preferred) or text 9-1-1 (voice and TTY). For non-emergencies, call 703-691-2131, TTY 703-877-3715.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
On Thursday, April 19, at approximately 8:49 a.m., units from Fairfax County Fire and Rescue and Arlington County Fire Department were dispatched for a reported building fire in the 6700 block of Lowell Avenue in the McLean section of Fairfax County. Units arrived on scene of a three-story, animal healthcare center and boarding facility […]
Via Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs Fairfax County Assistant Fire Chief John Caussin has been named interim chief of the Fire and Rescue Department, effective April 30. Caussin will replace Fire Chief Richard Bowers Jr., who retires at the end of this month. Caussin began his career with the department in 1985. He […]
On Saturday, April 14 at approximately 9:44 a.m., units from Fairfax County Fire and Rescue and the City of Alexandria Fire Department were dispatched for a reported house fire in the 6100 block of Squire Lane in the Rose Hill section of Fairfax County. Units arrived to find smoke and fire showing from the basement […]
Fairfax County Police Department News
Sully Police District – Crash Reconstruction Unit detectives today are investigating a fatal pedestrian accident involving a Centreville man who was hit and killed by a car. The investigation has determined the man was hit shortly before 11 last night while attempting to cross Lee Highway at Stone Road. The driver of a 2001 Ford […]
GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS: Check out our new look on social media: Updating our look to help update you Stay in touch with us through Social Media SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: None reported STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 5900 block of Grand Pavilion Way, tires from vehicle 6800 block of Richmond Highway, cash […]
Detectives this afternoon are investigating an in-custody death of a 47-year-old inmate at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center. An autopsy is being conducted, however, preliminarily, there are no signs of foul play. On April 23, at approximately 4 pm, a Fairfax County Sheriff’s deputy found an inmate unresponsive in her cell on the bed. […]