Status Update for Tuesday, Jan. 27
Posted at 4:45
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are open today, Jan. 27, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, Jan. 27. School Age Child Care(SACC) centers are closed.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 14400 block of Woodmere Court, property and money from residence STOLEN VEHICLES None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 8400 block of Fort Hunt Road, candy from school 6300 block of Richmond Highway, wallet from business 7600 block of Richmond Highway, shoes from business STOLEN VEHICLES None reported MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION […]
Our department will be launching a pilot body worn camera program this coming spring, after unanimous approval from the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors this morning. This pilot program will be conducted with all operational uniformed patrol officers from two of our district stations; Mount Vernon and Mason. It will include 230 cameras and last […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION BRANDISHING/ARREST: 6900 block of Sharpsburg Drive, 11/18/17 around 12 a.m. An ongoing dispute between two men escalated with one pointing a gun at the other. Jorge Sanchez, 48, was arrested and charged with brandishing a firearm. LARCENIES: 5600 block of Faircloth Court, watch from vehicle 5800 block of Watermark Circle, bicycle and […]
As Christmas approaches, children everywhere will be watching the skies for Santa Claus. Here in Fairfax County some very special children won’t have to wait until Christmas Eve. Since 1988, Santa and his elves have been rumbling down the streets of Fairfax County on motorcycles picking up and delivering toys to children in local hospitals. […]
A Fairfax County Public Schools bus driver and aide are facing charges after an 11-year-old boy with autism was assaulted on a school bus twice in one week. The first incident was on October 11 and the second occurred on October 13 on the way to school. A staff member witnessed the […]