Status Update for Jan. 14
UPDATED at 5:30 a.m.
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are open today, Wednesday, Jan. 14, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, Wednesday, Jan. 14. School Age Child Care(SACC) centers are closed.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open today, Wednesday, Jan. 14.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
To report an emergency, call (preferred) or text 9-1-1 (voice and TTY). For non-emergencies, call 703-691-2131, TTY 703-877-3715.
- Freeze Watch issued April 19 at 10:32AM EDT until April 20 at 9:00AM EDT by NWS April 19, 2018...FREEZE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING... * TEMPERATURES...32 degrees or lower. * IMPACTS...Frost and freeze conditions may damage sensitive vegetation. Take steps now to protect tender plants from the cold.
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
In a ceremony on Monday, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department dedicated the new Public Safety Occupational Health Center (PSOHC) to Lieutenant (ret) Patrick J. Morrison. He, along with countless others, was instrumental in making the PSOHC a reality for our Fairfax County firefighters and paramedics to include cancer screenings and behavioral health resources. […]
Community Emergency Response Team, or CERT, is a training program that prepares residents to help themselves, their families and their neighbors in the event of a disaster in their community. Through CERT, residents can learn about disaster preparedness and receive training in basic disaster response skills such as fire safety, light search and rescue, and […]
On Saturday, April 14 at approximately 9:04 p.m., units were dispatched for a reported house fire in the 11900 block of Grey Squirrel Lane in the Reston section of Fairfax County. Units arrived on the scene of a two-story, single family house to find a significant volume of fire showing from the rear of the […]
Fairfax County Police Department News
Sully Police District – Detectives have identified the homicide victim found in the 6500 block of Colchester Road this morning as 30-year-old Michael Cooker, of Herndon. At 6:49, officers responded to the area after a passerby saw a man lying on the side of the road. Medics arrived and pronounced him dead at the scene. […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 13700 block of Winding Oak Circle, property from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 6400 block of 14th Street, wallet from vehicle 8400 block of Frye Road, merchandise from business 4100 block of Scotland Road, property from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION BURGLARY: 1200 […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: None reported STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 1400 block of Cool Spring Drive, jewelry and purses from residence 7500 block of Milway Drive, medications from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 1400 block of Balls Hill Road, license plate from vehicle 8300 block of […]