Status Update for Jan. 14
UPDATED at 5:30 a.m.
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are open today, Wednesday, Jan. 14, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, Wednesday, Jan. 14. School Age Child Care(SACC) centers are closed.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open today, Wednesday, Jan. 14.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
To report an emergency, call (preferred) or text 9-1-1 (voice and TTY). For non-emergencies, call 703-691-2131, TTY 703-877-3715.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
The Northern Virginia Fire Departments will host a Regional College Fair on April 9-11, 2018 at Fire Station 403, 4081 University Drive, Fairfax, Virginia. Open Sessions will go on from 8:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. each day. No registration is necessary. The College Fair is open to all departments, sections, jurisdictions and is not limited to […]
Paramedics and Firefighters love to play golf! Especially retired Paramedics and Firefighters! If you love to play, please consider joining the members of the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Retirement Association on Friday, June 8 for a fun day of golf! You do not have to be a firefighter or paramedic to participate. There are […]
The evening of Wednesday, March 14 was one that the crew from Fire Station 39, North Point, B-Shift will remember for a long time. It was also a night to remember for a local family! At approximately 10:50 p.m., the crew from 39-B helped to deliver a bouncing baby girl at a local home! The […]
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 14200 block of Centreville Square, watch from business STOLEN VEHICLES None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION PURSUIT: Janna Lee Avenue/Woodhue Place, 3/15/18, 11:15 p.m. A patrol officer attempted a traffic stop on a Ford Fusion. The driver did not stop. Officers pursued the suspect, while in the area of the 7900 […]
A 61-year-old Reston man is facing several charges stemming from a 2017 incident in which his dog was found deceased at an archery range. Officers responded to the private Northern Virginia Archers Club Range, adjacent to Fountainhead Regional Park, on July 15 of last summer after someone called to report they found a deceased […]
Reston Police District – A 21-year-old man is dead after being shot by an acquaintance inside a business last night. Officers responded to Vapology101 in the 10100 block of Colvin Run Road around 7:40 for a shooting. Bao Hung Van, of Herndon, was found and pronounced dead at the scene. The suspect was […]