Status Update for Jan. 14
UPDATED at 5:30 a.m.
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are open today, Wednesday, Jan. 14, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, Wednesday, Jan. 14. School Age Child Care(SACC) centers are closed.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open today, Wednesday, Jan. 14.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: None reported STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: None reported STOLEN VEHICLES: 4700 block of Hanrahan Place, 2002 Ford F350 MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 1900 block of Chain Bridge Road, merchandise from businesses STOLEN VEHICLES: 6800 block of Fleetwood Road, 2000 Honda Civic MASON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 3200 […]
The FBI Washington Field Office is now partnering with our detectives to find a 16-year-old girl missing from the Alexandria area of Fairfax County. 16-year-old Jholie Moussa was last seen on Friday, January 12, in the 4200 block of Sonia Court. She was reported missing on Saturday and our detectives have been actively working to […]
Mount Vernon Police District – A 46-year-old man is facing charges for threatening to bomb and shoot a police car. An investigation determined that shortly after 5 a.m. on January 2, Virgil Snyder called the Mount Vernon District Station and spoke to an officer. The officer tried to communicate with him, but he was not being […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: None reported STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 7400 block of Mount Vernon Square Center, merchandise from business 6500 block of Tower Drive, license plates from vehicle STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 1800 block of Saint Roman Drive, necklaces from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: 7700 block […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION ARMED ROBBERY: 14500 block of Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, 1/13/18 around 1:00 a.m. The victim was walking to his car after leaving a nearby restaurant. He was approached by the suspect and he demanded money. The suspect was described as a Hispanic man, approximately 5’5” tall, dressed in dark clothing, and carrying a black […]