Status Update for Jan. 14
UPDATED at 5:30 a.m.
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are open today, Wednesday, Jan. 14, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, Wednesday, Jan. 14. School Age Child Care(SACC) centers are closed.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open today, Wednesday, Jan. 14.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 4900 block of Stonecroft Boulevard, purse from vehicle 6200 block of Stonehunt Place, purse from pool 1500 block of Yates Ford Road, gun from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: None Reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 2500 block of Parkers Lane, miscellaneous items from vehicle 2300 block of Huntington Ave, merchandise from business […]
Sully Police District: 41- year-old Kevin Lamont Blyther was arrested last night following a barricade situation in the 14500 block of Golden Oak Road in Centreville. Blyther refused commands to surrender and was taken into custody around 9:15 p.m. He was taken to a local hospital for precautionary reasons prior to going to the Adult […]
Sully Police District – A man was arrested this evening following a barricade situation in the 14500 block of Golden Oak Road. At 3:30 p.m., officers were dispatched to an unknown situation at the home. When they got to the scene, they met with the suspect and told him they needed to speak to the […]
NOTE: No arrest photograph is available Sully Police District – Detectives have charged 21-year-old, Franklyn Isaac Cruz Flores, of Icelandic Place in Chantilly, with abduction, malicious wounding, and gang participation in connection with a stabbing that took place last Thursday night. Officers were called to a home in the 14600 block of Pan Am Drive […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION ATTEMPTED ROBBERY: 6400 block of Paddington Court, 7/21/17 around 9:15 p.m. The victim was making a pizza delivery when he was approached by four people who demanded the pizza. When he refused, one of the suspects punched him. The victim continued his delivery and the suspects ran away. They were described as […]