Status Update for Jan. 14
UPDATED at 5:30 a.m.
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are open today, Wednesday, Jan. 14, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, Wednesday, Jan. 14. School Age Child Care(SACC) centers are closed.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open today, Wednesday, Jan. 14.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
ALCOHOL ENFORCEMENT There will be a sobriety checkpoint in the Reston Police District tomorrow, May 26, between 11:15 p.m. and 2:15 a.m. Please drive sober and stay safe! SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 6200 block of Centreville Road, property from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION ROBBERY: 7900 block of Janna Lee Avenue, […]
Police were notified of a bear sighting in the Greenbriar subdivision last weekend, in the Birch Pond community, near Rocky Run Stream Valley Park. Recently, a bear was also reported to have damaged the beehive at nearby Ellanor C. Lawrence Park. Bears typically avoid humans, but may wander into suburban areas in their search for food. Bears […]
West Springfield Police District – Earlier today, detectives were notified that Sofia Cuellar Barrientos had been found in Charles County, Maryland. She will soon be reunited with her family. (Original Release May 24, 2017) Help Us Find a Missing/Endangered Young Girl Detectives are asking for the public’s assistance in locating 13-year-old, Sofia Cuellar Barrientos. […]
ALCOHOL ENFORCEMENT There will be a sobriety checkpoint in the Reston Police District Friday, May 26 between 11:15 p.m. and 2:15 a.m. Please drive sober and stay safe! SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 13300 block of Brookfield Court, purses from vehicle 13600 block of Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, cash from business STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT […]
ALCOHOL ENFORCEMENT There will be a sobriety checkpoint in the Reston Police District Friday, May 26 between 11:15 p.m. and 2:15 a.m. Please drive sober and stay safe! SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 12100 block of Braddock Road, merchandise from business STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 6700 block of Cavalier Drive, property […]