Status Update for Jan. 14
UPDATED at 5:30 a.m.
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are open today, Wednesday, Jan. 14, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, Wednesday, Jan. 14. School Age Child Care(SACC) centers are closed.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open today, Wednesday, Jan. 14.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s website (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), Fairfax Alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
To report an emergency, call (preferred) or text 9-1-1 (voice and TTY). For non-emergencies, call 703-691-2131, TTY 703-877-3715.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
By Kendall Warner, PIO Intern Last week, 18 girls from high schools around the area participated in the second Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department Girls Fire and Rescue Academy Camp. Throughout the week, the girls participated in a range of activities such as learning how to perform a tracheotomy, extinguish a car fire, exercise […]
Today is National Pet Fire Safety Day. Please take a moment to watch the below video as our therapy canine Wally reviews fire safety tips for your pet.
The latest edition of Front Lines is now available. Front Lines is the newsletter of the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department. Click on cover below to go to newsletter.
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: None reported STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 8900 block of Grist Mill Woods Court, jewelry from residence 2300 block of Huntington Avenue, merchandise from business 3100 block of Lockheed Boulevard, merchandise from business 5900 block of Mount Eagle Drive, jacket from vehicle 7900 block of Richmond Highway, […]
Reston Police District – Detectives are looking for witnesses to an early morning crash that killed two people and injured two others. Tonnisha McCoy, 21, of Sterling, and Joselyn Herndon, 23, of Reston, were pronounced dead at the scene. Officers responded to the accident around 2 this morning on the Fairfax County Parkway near Walnut Branch Road. […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION None Reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION PURSUIT: 6421 Richmond Highway, 07/12/2018, 9:12 pm. An officer attempted a traffic stop for traffic infractions on a rental car. The driver failed to stop and accelerated through a parking lot. During the pursuit, the suspect hit two other vehicles with his rental car. No one […]