Get Prepared by Attending an Upcoming Community Meeting
Posted at 2:30 p.m.
Join our Office of Emergency Management (OEM) at the upcoming Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) meetings to learn about Fairfax Alerts and emergency preparedness. You’ll also have a chance to win an emergency car kit from State Farm at each meeting held at each of the eight police district stations.
- Mason District, Sept.2
- Mount Vernon District, Sept. 9
- Franconia District, Sept. 17
- Reston District, Sept. 18
- Fair Oaks District, Sept. 30
- West Springfield District, Oct. 7
- McLean District, Oct. 16
- Sully District, Nov. 12
CACs enhance communication between residents and our police department and offer you a chance to dialogue with members of your local police district. Members are kept informed about significant safety matters in their neighborhoods and are encouraged to bring any issues or questions to the attention of local police commanders.
If you’re not able to attend one of these specific meetings, OEM will also be at numerous other meetings and events in September (National Preparedness Month). Stop by one if you have the chance, and if you need more details or locations for any of these meetings, contact OEM:
- Sept. 3 – U.S. Health and Human Services Employee Preparedness Fair
- Sept. 4 – Fort Belvoir Defense Logistics Agency Preparedness Fair
- Sept. 6-7 – Ready-Set-Know Festival at the Burke Centre Fall Festival
- Sept. 8 – Disability Services Board meeting
- Sept. 10 – U.S. State Department Preparedness Fair
- Sept. 11 – GMU Service Fair
- Sept. 15 – U.S. House of Representatives Preparedness Fair
- Sept. 16 – U.S. Department of Interior Preparedness Fair
- Sept. 17 – McLean Citizens Association Preparedness Night
- Sept. 18 – Pentagon Employee Preparedness Fair
- Sept. 18 – U.S. Office of Personnel Management Employee Preparedness Fair
- Sept. 19 – U.S. Senate Employee Preparedness Fair
- Sept. 22 – Senior Preparedness Fair – Vienna Community Center
- Sept. 24 – Northern Virginia Community College Zombie Day and Student Preparedness Fair
- Sept. 25 – Fort Belvoir Defense Logistics Agency Preparedness Presentation
- Sept. 25 – Citizen Corps Council meeting
- Sept. 30 – Government Technology and Services Coalition Preparedness Presentation
To learn more about emergency preparedness or having an OEM representative attend your event or give a presentation at your homeowners association or civic association meeting, call 571-350-1000, TTY 711; email email@example.com. You can also get more information online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency.