County Trash Collection Schedule Changes Today
Due to the winter weather and existing road conditions, Fairfax County trash and recycling collection customers in sanitary districts will receive trash and recycling collection on the following schedule:
- Monday routes will be collected today, Tuesday, March 4.
- All special collections scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (March 3 and 4) will be postponed until next week.
- Tuesday routes will be collected on Wednesday, March 5.
- Wednesday and Thursday routes will be collected on Thursday, March 6
- Friday routes will remain as scheduled.
Please check the customer website for updated service information. Service-related questions can be directed to the Customer Service Center at 703-802-3322, TTY 711.
The impact of the winter weather may also be affecting the operations of private trash and recycling collectors. Customers of private service providers (more than 85 percent of county households) should contact their trash and recycling collector directly for any changes in service. Contact information for private trash and recycling collectors operating in Fairfax County is available online.
If your trash collection service has been postponed until another day please remove your trash containers from the curb in order to enhance the effectiveness of snow clearing operations and to avoid having your containers damaged or buried in snowbanks.