For Tuesday, March 4: County Government Open with Unscheduled Leave
Posted at 10:23 p.m.
Fairfax County Government offices will open on time on Tuesday, March 4, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled. Read more about how/why snow decisions are made.
Fairfax County Public Schools will be closed on Tuesday, March 4; School Age Child Care (SACC) centers will also be closed.
The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will open on time.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/calendar/ShowCalendar.aspx for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.