Fairfax County Government Open Monday; Employees Granted Unscheduled Leave
Posted at 10:50 p.m.
Fairfax County Government offices will be open tomorrow, Monday, Dec. 9, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
Fairfax County Public Schools are closed tomorrow. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will make a decision on operating status early Monday morning.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- Because the schools are closed Monday, Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) events, scheduled classes and Drop-in Group Fitness classes held at RECenters or other FCPA facilities are canceled. FCPA winter camps held at RECenters or FCPA facilities are canceled, and Parks classes held at school locations, senior centers or community centers are canceled. Preschool programs at Lee District and Spring Hill will not operate. However, Park Authority facilities will remain open. If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s Web site (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Emergency Information Blog (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/blog), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), the Community Emergency Alert Network (CEAN) at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/cean or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
View the public meetings calendar at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/calendar/ShowCalendar.aspx for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
Continuous Updates on TwitterMy Tweets
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
A 21-year-old young man’s dream of becoming a police officer became a reality earlier this week. John Hopper has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a progressive genetic disease, which confines him to a wheelchair and a ventilator. After learning of his lifelong passion for law enforcement, FCPD personnel created an exciting training day for John. The rainy […]
A 40-year-old man died as a result of his injuries in a single vehicle crash on Richmond Highway near Fairhaven Avenue on Saturday, April 18. Daniel Duarte Vasquez, of the Alexandria area, was a passenger in a 1995 BMW when the crash occurred at around 7:15 a.m. Crash Reconstruction Detectives believe that the vehicle was […]
On Friday, April 17, William “Bud” Walker was released from the Adult Detention Center on bond, awaiting his next court appearance. Colonel Edwin Roessler Jr., Chief of Police, accepted his resignation, which is effective immediately, a short time later. To locate the previous release, click here. Detectives in the Major Crimes Division’s Child Exploitation Unit arrested PFC […]
This report is published every weekday, except county holidays. The information in each report covers significant criminal incidents generally from the day before; reports published on Monday cover the preceding Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Some incidents may appear a day or two after the occurrence. The report contains selected crimes, including animal-related incidents and property […]
Detectives continue to investigate an abduction attempt that was reported to police on April 2 around 3:50 p.m. and have released a composite sketch of a suspect. Police believe the suspect may have been driving a green colored pickup truck in the area of Lawyers Road and Glenbrooke Woods Drive when he spoke to the […]