Fairfax County Government Open Monday; Employees Granted Unscheduled Leave
Posted at 10:50 p.m.
Fairfax County Government offices will be open tomorrow, Monday, Dec. 9, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
Fairfax County Public Schools are closed tomorrow. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will make a decision on operating status early Monday morning.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- Because the schools are closed Monday, Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) events, scheduled classes and Drop-in Group Fitness classes held at RECenters or other FCPA facilities are canceled. FCPA winter camps held at RECenters or FCPA facilities are canceled, and Parks classes held at school locations, senior centers or community centers are canceled. Preschool programs at Lee District and Spring Hill will not operate. However, Park Authority facilities will remain open. If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s Web site (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Emergency Information Blog (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/blog), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), the Community Emergency Alert Network (CEAN) at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/cean or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
View the public meetings calendar at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/calendar/ShowCalendar.aspx for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
Franconia Police District – Detectives have released a photograph of the suspect in an iPhone theft from Capital One Bank located at 6949 Commerce Street. On March 15, the man was seen on surveillance cameras stealing an iPhone from a check cashing desk. He was described as Middle Eastern, in his late 30s, around 5 […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION SKIMMING DEVICE: 6300 Block of Multiplex Dr. (Exxon) 4/26/17, 10:55 a.m. BB&T Bank, Card Fraud Monitoring Division detected irregularities at the gas station. They requested that a Compliance Officer from the Virginia Office of Weights and Measures inspect the pumps. The compliance officer located what he believed to be a skimming device […]
Sully Police District – Detectives were notified a short time ago that John Charles Hunt was found safe and sound in Orange County, New Jersey. He had apparently run out of gas. Mr. Hunt’s family has been notified. (4/26/17) Help Us Find a Critical Missing Man Sully Police District – Detectives are asking for the […]
John Charles Hunt Image of a 2006 Lexus GS300 (Not the actual vehicle) Sully Police District – Detectives are asking for the public’s assistance in locating a missing man. Around 8 this morning, 88-year-old John Charles Hunt was discovered missing from his home in the 14700 block of Winterfield Court in Centreville. Mr. Hunt has […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 14000 block of Lotus Lane, cash from business STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 7800 block of Ashton Street, wallet from vehicle 8200 block of Russell Road, bicycle from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: 6300 block of Quander Road, 2003 Ford Expedition MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION No significant events reported. MASON […]