Fairfax County Government Open Monday; Employees Granted Unscheduled Leave
Posted at 10:50 p.m.
Fairfax County Government offices will be open tomorrow, Monday, Dec. 9, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
Fairfax County Public Schools are closed tomorrow. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will make a decision on operating status early Monday morning.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- Because the schools are closed Monday, Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) events, scheduled classes and Drop-in Group Fitness classes held at RECenters or other FCPA facilities are canceled. FCPA winter camps held at RECenters or FCPA facilities are canceled, and Parks classes held at school locations, senior centers or community centers are canceled. Preschool programs at Lee District and Spring Hill will not operate. However, Park Authority facilities will remain open. If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s Web site (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Emergency Information Blog (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/blog), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), the Community Emergency Alert Network (CEAN) at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/cean or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
View the public meetings calendar at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/calendar/ShowCalendar.aspx for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
Mount Vernon Police District – An investigation is underway after the pursuit of a stolen car ends with a crash. Shortly before 10 p.m. yesterday, an officer attempted to stop a stolen car in the area of Richmond Highway and Reddick Avenue, in Alexandria. The driver took off northbound on Richmond Highway and a pursuit […]
Fair Oaks Police District – One person is dead after a two-vehicle crash this morning in the southbound lanes of Fairfax County Parkway near Braddock Road. A preliminary investigation determined a 2003 Honda Civic was traveling northbound shortly before 7a.m., when it crossed over the median into the path of an oncoming 2015 Volkswagen Passat. […]
There will be a sobriety checkpoint tonight in the West Springfield District from 10:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Please drive safely. SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 14400 block of Chantilly Crossing Lane, gun from vehicle 4400 block of Chantilly Shopping Center, merchandise from business 5900 block of Baron Kent Lane, bicycle from residence 14200 block of […]
McLean Police District – Detectives are searching for the man who robbed a bank in the Tysons Corner area. It happened shortly after 2 p.m. yesterday at the Old Dominion National Bank in the 8600 block of Westwood Center Drive, in Vienna. The suspect entered the bank, approached a teller and demanded money. He got […]
Mason Police District – Detectives are looking for a woman who attempted to burglarize a home in the 3800 block of Hummer Road on May 31. They believe she may also have information regarding another recent burglary in the county. Shortly after 9 a.m. on May 31, the woman jumped a fence and walked the […]