Fairfax County Government Open Monday; Employees Granted Unscheduled Leave
Posted at 10:50 p.m.
Fairfax County Government offices will be open tomorrow, Monday, Dec. 9, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
Fairfax County Public Schools are closed tomorrow. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will make a decision on operating status early Monday morning.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- Because the schools are closed Monday, Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) events, scheduled classes and Drop-in Group Fitness classes held at RECenters or other FCPA facilities are canceled. FCPA winter camps held at RECenters or FCPA facilities are canceled, and Parks classes held at school locations, senior centers or community centers are canceled. Preschool programs at Lee District and Spring Hill will not operate. However, Park Authority facilities will remain open. If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s Web site (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Emergency Information Blog (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/blog), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), the Community Emergency Alert Network (CEAN) at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/cean or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
View the public meetings calendar at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/calendar/ShowCalendar.aspx for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
- Dense Fog Advisory issued March 27 at 4:37AM EDT until March 27 at 9:00AM EDT by NWS March 27, 2017...DENSE FOG ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EDT THIS MORNING... The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has issued a Dense Fog Advisory, which is in effect until 9 AM EDT this morning. * VISIBILITIES...One quarter mile or less. * IMPACTS...Areas of dense fog will cause sudden reductions in
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
Detectives Charge Woman with Credit Card Crimes Detectives Investigating Death in Herndon Area Fairfax County Recognized as Leader in Improving Neighborhood Communication with Nextdoor SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 5500 block of Stroud Court, cell phones from business STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION ROBBERY: 7100 block of Richmond Highway, 03/24/17, around 1:50 a.m. A man was […]
Maria Renee Garcia West Springfield Police District – Earlier today, detectives from our Financial Crimes Section arrested Maria Renee Garcia, 46, of the 4300 block of Hollowview Court in Fairfax. Our investigation began on March 9, when a victim reported that he had mistakenly left a credit card at an ATM at a banking facility […]
Reston Police District – Detectives from the Crash Reconstruction Unit are investigating an incident that was reported to us around 9 last evening. A 1993 Mazda 626 was found slightly down an embankment along eastbound Hiddenbrook Drive just prior to Dranesville Road. 30-year-old Cory Lee Boback of Sterling was found unconscious and unresponsive behind the […]
Today, the Fairfax County Police Department was recognized as a leader for its efforts in strengthening communication and collaboration amongst neighbors and police to build safer communities on Nextdoor, the private social network for neighborhoods. Since partnering with the neighborhood social network a year ago, Fairfax County has become the fastest growing county using Nextdoor […]
Lieutenant Colonel Tom Ryan talks about Nextdoor We have had a presence on Nextdoor, the private social network for neighborhoods, since February 2016… and it seems in the past year we’ve made quite the impression! Fairfax County has become the fastest growing countywide partnership on Nextdoor in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions. Nextdoor is a social […]