Fairfax County Government Open Monday; Employees Granted Unscheduled Leave
Posted at 10:50 p.m.
Fairfax County Government offices will be open tomorrow, Monday, Dec. 9, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
Fairfax County Public Schools are closed tomorrow. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will make a decision on operating status early Monday morning.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- Because the schools are closed Monday, Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) events, scheduled classes and Drop-in Group Fitness classes held at RECenters or other FCPA facilities are canceled. FCPA winter camps held at RECenters or FCPA facilities are canceled, and Parks classes held at school locations, senior centers or community centers are canceled. Preschool programs at Lee District and Spring Hill will not operate. However, Park Authority facilities will remain open. If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s Web site (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Emergency Information Blog (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/blog), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), the Community Emergency Alert Network (CEAN) at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/cean or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
View the public meetings calendar at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/calendar/ShowCalendar.aspx for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION BURGLARY: 6200 block of Wilson Blvd. 10/25/16, 6:26 a.m. The homeowner reported that two garage bay windows had been broken and that cash had been stolen. Security camera footage was not able to be recovered at the time of the incident. LARCENIES: 4100 block of Lafayette Center Drive, wallet from vehicle STOLEN […]
The Diversion First program offers alternatives to incarceration for people with mental illness and developmental disabilities. Last Thursday, October 20, Fairfax County Police and Sheriff’s personnel, along with other county representatives, visited the Arc of Northern Virginia to speak to parents of juvenile and adult children with developmental disabilities about the program. Public Safety representatives, […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 4300 block of General Kearny Court, purse from vehicle 4300 block of General Kearny Court, ring from vehicle MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 5900 block of Richmond Highway, license plate from vehicle 6600 block of Richmond Highway, cash from business 3900 block of San Leandro Place, license plate from vehicle MCLEAN […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 13800 block of Braddock Springs Road, documents from vehicle 13800 block of Braddock Springs Road, cash from vehicle 14200 block of Centreville Square, cash from business 6000 block of Honnicut Drive, property from vehicle 4300 block of Lees Corner Road, medication from residence 5600 block of Powers Lane, cash from vehicle […]
Fair Oaks Police District – Officers responded for the report of a crash on Sully Road (Route 28) near Lee Jackson Memorial Highway (Route 50), Friday, October 21. Detectives from the Crash Reconstruction Unit were called to the scene to investigate. Around 6 a.m., a 1996 Dodge Truck, driven by a 29-year-old man from West […]