Fairfax County Government Open Monday; Employees Granted Unscheduled Leave
Posted at 10:50 p.m.
Fairfax County Government offices will be open tomorrow, Monday, Dec. 9, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
Fairfax County Public Schools are closed tomorrow. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will make a decision on operating status early Monday morning.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- Because the schools are closed Monday, Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) events, scheduled classes and Drop-in Group Fitness classes held at RECenters or other FCPA facilities are canceled. FCPA winter camps held at RECenters or FCPA facilities are canceled, and Parks classes held at school locations, senior centers or community centers are canceled. Preschool programs at Lee District and Spring Hill will not operate. However, Park Authority facilities will remain open. If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s Web site (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Emergency Information Blog (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/blog), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), the Community Emergency Alert Network (CEAN) at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/cean or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
View the public meetings calendar at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/calendar/ShowCalendar.aspx for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
Continuous Updates on TwitterMy Tweets
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
This report is published every weekday, except county holidays. The information in each report covers significant criminal incidents generally from the day before; reports published on Monday cover the preceding Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Some incidents may appear a day or two after the occurrence. The report contains selected crimes, including animal-related incidents and property […]
A juvenile male allegedly involved in the robbery has been arrested and charged with two felony offenses; one count of abduction and one count of robbery. Major Crimes Division detectives are actively continuing their investigation. If anyone has information they are asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at http://www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text […]
William Brock, 52, of Potomac Falls (Loudoun County), was arrested on Wednesday, February 10. He has been charged with felony destruction of property, Virginia Criminal Code Section § 18.2-137 and shooting into an occupied building, Virginia Criminal Code Section § 18.2-279. Brock remains hospitalized, on no bond and under guard, pending his medical release, at […]
Dilshad Dosky, 20, of Tyrolean Way in Springfield, was charged with murder in connection with the stabbing death of Shaki E. Phillip. Detectives from the Homicide and Fugitive Squads, along with numerous additional department assets, worked diligently through the evening hours on Wednesday, February 10, to identify and apprehend the suspect at his home. The […]
Police responded for the report of a stabbing in the 7400 block of Loughboro Lane on Wednesday, February 10 shortly before 2 p.m. Officers located an unresponsive, 19-year-old male, with an apparent stab wound to the upper body. They initiated CPR until rescue arrived a short time later. The victim was ground transported to Inova […]