Fairfax County Government Open Monday; Employees Granted Unscheduled Leave
Posted at 10:50 p.m.
Fairfax County Government offices will be open tomorrow, Monday, Dec. 9, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
Fairfax County Public Schools are closed tomorrow. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will make a decision on operating status early Monday morning.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- Because the schools are closed Monday, Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) events, scheduled classes and Drop-in Group Fitness classes held at RECenters or other FCPA facilities are canceled. FCPA winter camps held at RECenters or FCPA facilities are canceled, and Parks classes held at school locations, senior centers or community centers are canceled. Preschool programs at Lee District and Spring Hill will not operate. However, Park Authority facilities will remain open. If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s Web site (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Emergency Information Blog (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/blog), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), the Community Emergency Alert Network (CEAN) at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/cean or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
View the public meetings calendar at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/calendar/ShowCalendar.aspx for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 6000 block of Sunset Ridge Court, medicine from a home 6500 block of Sharps Drive, cellphone and wallet from store STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported. MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION ROBBERY: Tamarind Street/Janna Lee Avenue, 12/8/16, around 8:00 a.m. A woman reported that while standing at the bus stop, a man grabbed her, […]
McLean Police District – Brandon Forrest, 30, of Washington D.C., was arrested and charged in Tuesday’s pursuit from Tysons Corner that ended on I-395 and Washington Boulevard. After the officers concluded their investigation, Forrest was taken to the adult detention center where he was charged with possession of stolen property with the intent to sell […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 4600 block of Stonecroft Boulevard, cell phone from business 11900 block of Cub Court, jewelry from residence 4400 block of Stonecroft Boulevard, ring from business 5500 block of Sequoia Farms Drive, property from vehicle STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 3100 block of Lockheed Boulevard, ankle braces from […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION ROBBERY: 4300 Chantilly Shopping Center. 12/6/16, 8:49 p.m. A man entered the Jimmy Johns, pointed a gun at an employee and demanded money. The suspect ran out of the store with an undisclosed amount of cash. The employee was not injured. The suspect was described as black, about 5 feet 5 inches […]
Fair Oaks Police District – A man was charged for shining a laser on two officers on Tuesday, December 6. Just after 2 a.m., two officers, dressed in full uniform, responded to the 12200 block of Water Elm Lane for a report of concern for a garage door that was left partially open. As they […]