Fairfax County Government Open Monday; Employees Granted Unscheduled Leave
Posted at 10:50 p.m.
Fairfax County Government offices will be open tomorrow, Monday, Dec. 9, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
Fairfax County Public Schools are closed tomorrow. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will make a decision on operating status early Monday morning.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- Because the schools are closed Monday, Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) events, scheduled classes and Drop-in Group Fitness classes held at RECenters or other FCPA facilities are canceled. FCPA winter camps held at RECenters or FCPA facilities are canceled, and Parks classes held at school locations, senior centers or community centers are canceled. Preschool programs at Lee District and Spring Hill will not operate. However, Park Authority facilities will remain open. If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s Web site (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Emergency Information Blog (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/blog), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), the Community Emergency Alert Network (CEAN) at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/cean or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
View the public meetings calendar at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/calendar/ShowCalendar.aspx for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
Continuous Updates on TwitterMy Tweets
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
May 23, 2015 6:30 a.m. UPDATE: Mr. In Hong Won has been located. He is fine and reunited with family. Fairfax County Police are asking for the public’s assistance in locating a critical missing adult. 56 year-old In Hong Won walked away from his home in the 5600 block of Lierman Circle in Centreville on […]
Two Washington, DC women are facing charges of assault on law enforcement officers and larceny after an incident at Tyson’s Corner Shopping Center on Thursday, May 21. Plain clothes officers assigned to the Tysons Urban Team and shopping center observed suspects shoplifting from stores in the mall at around 2 p.m.; allegedly taking items and […]
This report is published every weekday, except county holidays. The information in each report covers significant criminal incidents generally from the day before; reports published on Monday cover the preceding Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Some incidents may appear a day or two after the occurrence. The report contains selected crimes, including animal-related incidents and property […]
The Fairfax County Police Department’s in-custody death investigation of Natasha McKenna remains ongoing. We want to inform you of updated information as early as possible and reassure you that the investigation of McKenna’s death will be detailed and thorough. Major Crimes Division detectives have concluded interviews and the case is substantially complete. As previously mentioned, […]
Teen Shot in Fairfax Home Detectives are investigating the shooting of a 17-year-old male in his home in the 4400 block of Holly Avenue on Tuesday, May 19. Police responded to the home for a report of gunshots heard by neighbors at around 5:40 p.m. Two teens were visiting the home, an altercation ensued, and […]