Fairfax County Government Open Monday; Employees Granted Unscheduled Leave
Posted at 10:50 p.m.
Fairfax County Government offices will be open tomorrow, Monday, Dec. 9, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
Fairfax County Public Schools are closed tomorrow. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will make a decision on operating status early Monday morning.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- Because the schools are closed Monday, Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) events, scheduled classes and Drop-in Group Fitness classes held at RECenters or other FCPA facilities are canceled. FCPA winter camps held at RECenters or FCPA facilities are canceled, and Parks classes held at school locations, senior centers or community centers are canceled. Preschool programs at Lee District and Spring Hill will not operate. However, Park Authority facilities will remain open. If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s Web site (www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Emergency Information Blog (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/blog), Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), the Community Emergency Alert Network (CEAN) at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/cean or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711. Fairfax County Government Radio (www.fairfaxcounty.gov/radio) will announce county government closing status and also broadcasts weather forecasts several times per hour.
View the public meetings calendar at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/calendar/ShowCalendar.aspx for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
The FBI Washington Field Office is now partnering with our detectives to find a 16-year-old girl missing from the Alexandria area of Fairfax County. 16-year-old Jholie Moussa was last seen on Friday, January 12, in the 4200 block of Sonia Court. She was reported missing on Saturday and our detectives have been actively working to […]
Mount Vernon Police District – A 46-year-old man is facing charges for threatening to bomb and shoot a police car. An investigation determined that shortly after 5 a.m. on January 2, Virgil Snyder called the Mount Vernon District Station and spoke to an officer. The officer tried to communicate with him, but he was not being […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: None reported STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 7400 block of Mount Vernon Square Center, merchandise from business 6500 block of Tower Drive, license plates from vehicle STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 1800 block of Saint Roman Drive, necklaces from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: 7700 block […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION ARMED ROBBERY: 14500 block of Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, 1/13/18 around 1:00 a.m. The victim was walking to his car after leaving a nearby restaurant. He was approached by the suspect and he demanded money. The suspect was described as a Hispanic man, approximately 5’5” tall, dressed in dark clothing, and carrying a black […]
Officers are asking for the public’s help in identifying the suspect(s) who destroyed a statue on the grounds of The Potomac School in McLean. The crime occurred in the 1300 block of Potomac School Road between the evening hours of December 21 and the early morning hours of December 22. The heads of the three llamas […]