Storm By The Numbers
Posted 2:16 p.m. // Updated 2:57 p.m.
Here are the latest numbers from Hurricane Sandy:
- 42,893 Dominion households and approximately 1,000 NOVEC customers without power (11 percent of the county)
- 83 roads closed – view list
- 75 traffic signals out
- 58 trees into homes
- 31 public schools without power (updated 2:57 p.m.)
- 25 people in county shelter last night
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- Heat Advisory issued July 25 at 4:44AM EDT until July 25 at 8:00PM EDT by NWS July 25, 2016...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING... * HEAT INDEX VALUES...UP TO 108 DUE TO TEMPERATURES BETWEEN 95 TO 100...AND DEWPOINTS IN THE LOWER 70S. * IMPACTS...RISK OF HEAT-RELATED ILLNESS FOR THOSE WITHOUT AIR- CONDITIONING OR THOSE OUTDOORS FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD.
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
Fairfax County is the safest jurisdiction of its size, thanks to the high levels of engagement between all members of our diverse communities and our officers. We are blessed that we accomplish our mission of preventing and fighting crime in partnership with each of you and we give thanks for your support to your police […]
Note to media: A PIO will be available for questions/interviews tonight until 8 p.m. Call office: 703-246-2253 Sully Police District – Detectives are investigating three incidents of gunshots being fired at two homes in the Clifton area. On Tuesday, July 19, police responded to a home in the 11900 block of Henderson Court, in Clifton, […]
This report is published every weekday, except county holidays. The information in each report covers significant criminal incidents generally from the day before; reports published on Monday cover the preceding Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Some incidents may appear a day or two after the occurrence. The report contains selected crimes, including animal-related incidents and property […]
Franconia, Mount Vernon, Mason, Sully Police Districts – Detectives are investigating a series of ATM thefts that have been occurring around the region, including Fairfax County. Between June 18 and July 20, there were six reported cases. Five reported incidents involved stolen ATMs; one incident was a report of a stolen vehicle that detectives believe […]
The Organized Crime Narcotics Division (OCN) has been conducting a long term investigation into the distribution of heroin in Fairfax County. Based on evidence obtained during the investigation a suspect was identified as “Nephew” who was allegedly selling heroin in several areas of Fairfax County. As the investigation progressed “Nephew” was identified as Clarence Dickerson, […]