Fairfax County Government Operating Status for Oct. 31
Posted 5:14 p.m.
- Fairfax County Government will be open Wednesday.
- Fairfax County Public Schools and offices will open on time. Individual schools that may have power outages will be reassessed in the morning. Parents are being asked to be patient as buses may need to work around road closures in some parts of the county and bus routes may be delayed.
- Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will be open.
- Absentee Voting — Seven satellite locations with extended hours noon to 8 p.m. and at the Government Center with regular hours from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in Suite 323.
- Trash Pickup — Regular schedule, including Tuesday customers. More information, including debris pick up.
- Halloween — Halloween is a community celebration, not something that Fairfax County Government plans or controls like some other jurisdictions around the country. Trick or treating generally occurs in our community Oct. 31. If trick or treating happens in your neighborhood, please be safe around any downed trees or other debris.