Two Ways Out: Fairfax Prepares Day 23
Posted 9:02 p.m.
In any of these examples or for other places you may have visited, did you know two ways out of the building/home? If there’s a fire or other unexpected need to evacuate, are you prepared?
When developing your family escape plan, our fire and rescue department recommends that your plan includes two exits from each room, an outside meeting place and alternatives for any family members needing extra assistance.
Additionally, practice your plan with all members of the household regularly.
Practice this at home, but also always keep in mind two ways to exit whatever building you may be in at the time of an incident if you must leave.
BONUS ASK: Mark your calendars to attend! On Saturday, Oct. 13, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., all 37 fire and rescue stations will be host community open houses, spotlighting fire prevention. The theme for 2012 is “Have Two Ways Out!” It serves to remind us all of the simple actions we can take to stay safe from fire year round. Every firehouse will host activities, provide tours and have available fire prevention educational materials.
TELL US you’ve done this:
- Post a quick reply in this blog’s comments section below such as “I’ve done this.”
- Use the Twitter hashtag #fairfaxprepares and tweet your accomplishment. Include photos if you’d like.
- Like our special Facebook page for this campaign to leave comments and share tips with your friends.
- Email us at email@example.com that you accomplished an ask.
SHARE THIS TIP:
- Click the links below to email, share on social media or print a hard copy. Thanks!