Make a Plan: Fairfax Prepares Day 18
Posted 5:02 p.m.
Today we experienced another very strong line of thunderstorms with winds and heavy rains, along with a tornado watch. If this storm had been even stronger, the impact on our community and in your neighborhood could have been greater.
We’re always at risk for weather threats and also for potential terrorist attacks.
So it’s important for each household to develop a plan.
If your family is in different locations when a disaster strikes, do you have a plan that shows how you will contact each other and how you can reunite at a safe location? If your business is directly impacted by a disaster, do you have a plan to re-establish business operations at another location? How will you inform your employees of the new operations, procedures and processes?
If you haven’t thought about the answers to these questions, take action now by making an emergency plan. Not only will your emergency plan answer these questions, but it will be a critical tool that empowers and guides you, your family, and/or your business in a crisis.
Luckily, we have a regional online resource here in Northern Virginia to develop plans at ReadyNOVA.com.
THE ASK: Complete a family and/or business preparedness plan by the end of September at www.ReadyNOVA.com. Once you complete the plan on a desktop computer, you can then also access it on the ReadyNOVA iPhone or Android apps (see bottom of the webpage for details) so everyone in your family has access to the same plan.
TELL US you’ve done this:
- Post a quick reply in this blog’s comments section below such as “I’ve done this.”
- Use the Twitter hashtag #fairfaxprepares and tweet your accomplishment. Include photos if you’d like.
- Like our special Facebook page for this campaign to leave comments and share tips with your friends.
- Email us at email@example.com that you accomplished an ask.
SHARE THIS TIP:
- Click the links below to email, share on social media or print a hard copy. Thanks!