Get Involved: Fairfax Prepares Day 15
Posted 6:52 p.m.
But there are other ways you can get involved, too.
- Join the Fairfax County Citizen Corps or other volunteer groups
- Review Fairfax County volunteer opportunities and ways to give
- Search the Human Services Resource Guide for other local service organizations; perhaps consider donating food to pantries
There are, of course, many ways to get involved in our robust and diverse community. It takes a whole community, including volunteers, to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies that may impact our community.
THE ASK: By Monday, at least review what the Citizen Corps or other emergency volunteer organizations do so you’re aware of them in case you decide later (or after an incident) that you want to join. Of course, feel free to join tomorrow, too!
TELL US you’ve done this:
- Post a quick reply in this blog’s comments section below such as “I’ve done this.”
- Use the Twitter hashtag #fairfaxprepares and tweet your accomplishment. Include photos if you’d like.
- Like our special Facebook page for this campaign to leave comments and share tips with your friends.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org that you accomplished an ask.
SHARE THIS TIP:
- Click the links below to email, share on social media or print a hard copy. Thanks!