Ways to Stay Informed: Fairfax Prepares Day 12
Posted 4:18 p.m.
Some of the questions focused on specific emergency information tools we use to share updates and to hear what’s going on in the community. We listed a variety of tools in the survey such as:
- Text/email alerts
- This emergency information blog (subscribe by email — top right column)
- County iPhone/Android apps
In written comments about which of these tools people use to stay informed, a clear consensus said we could do a better job in marketing/advertising these tools. Many people were simply unaware.
THE ASK: By this weekend, share this post with a family member or friend (or many others!) and ask them to sign up for at least one of the tools above. We need your help in sharing the menu of options for how people may stay informed during an emergency.
TELL US you’ve done this:
- Post a quick reply in this blog’s comments section below such as “I’ve done this.”
- Use the Twitter hashtag #fairfaxprepares and tweet your accomplishment. Include photos if you’d like.
- Like our special Facebook page for this campaign to leave comments and share tips with your friends.
- Email us at email@example.com that you accomplished an ask.
SHARE THIS TIP:
- Click the links below to email, share on social media or print a hard copy. Thanks!
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- Air Quality Alert issued July 23 at 4:35PM EDT by NWS July 23, 2016THE FORECAST SUNDAY FOR THE DC METRO AREA IS CODE LEVEL ORANGE...WHICH IS UNHEALTHY FOR SENSITIVE GROUPS...AND MEANS GROUPS MAY EXPERIENCE HEALTH PROBLEMS DUE TO AIR POLLUTION. PRIMARY POLLUTANT WILL BE OZONE. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON GROUND-LEVEL OZONE AND FINE PARTICLES...VISIT WWW.CLEANAIRPARTNERS.NET.
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
Note to media: A PIO will be available for questions/interviews tonight until 8 p.m. Call office: 703-246-2253 Sully Police District – Detectives are investigating three incidents of gunshots being fired at two homes in the Clifton area. On Tuesday, July 19, police responded to a home in the 11900 block of Henderson Court, in Clifton, […]
This report is published every weekday, except county holidays. The information in each report covers significant criminal incidents generally from the day before; reports published on Monday cover the preceding Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Some incidents may appear a day or two after the occurrence. The report contains selected crimes, including animal-related incidents and property […]
Franconia, Mount Vernon, Mason, Sully Police Districts – Detectives are investigating a series of ATM thefts that have been occurring around the region, including Fairfax County. Between June 18 and July 20, there were six reported cases. Five reported incidents involved stolen ATMs; one incident was a report of a stolen vehicle that detectives believe […]
The Organized Crime Narcotics Division (OCN) has been conducting a long term investigation into the distribution of heroin in Fairfax County. Based on evidence obtained during the investigation a suspect was identified as “Nephew” who was allegedly selling heroin in several areas of Fairfax County. As the investigation progressed “Nephew” was identified as Clarence Dickerson, […]
West Springfield Police District – Detectives are asking for the public’s assistance in locating 16-year-old Kaileigh Jenne Salusky, reported missing around 12:40 p.m. on Tuesday, July 19. Detectives believe that she is missing voluntarily. Salusky was last seen around 11 p.m. on Monday, July 18 at a home in the Springfield area. Salusky is described […]