Ways to Stay Informed: Fairfax Prepares Day 12
Posted 4:18 p.m.
Some of the questions focused on specific emergency information tools we use to share updates and to hear what’s going on in the community. We listed a variety of tools in the survey such as:
- Text/email alerts
- This emergency information blog (subscribe by email — top right column)
- County iPhone/Android apps
In written comments about which of these tools people use to stay informed, a clear consensus said we could do a better job in marketing/advertising these tools. Many people were simply unaware.
THE ASK: By this weekend, share this post with a family member or friend (or many others!) and ask them to sign up for at least one of the tools above. We need your help in sharing the menu of options for how people may stay informed during an emergency.
TELL US you’ve done this:
- Post a quick reply in this blog’s comments section below such as “I’ve done this.”
- Use the Twitter hashtag #fairfaxprepares and tweet your accomplishment. Include photos if you’d like.
- Like our special Facebook page for this campaign to leave comments and share tips with your friends.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org that you accomplished an ask.
SHARE THIS TIP:
- Click the links below to email, share on social media or print a hard copy. Thanks!
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- Frost Advisory issued October 25 at 1:19PM EDT until October 26 at 9:00AM EDT by NWS October 25, 2016...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 9 AM EDT WEDNESDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A FROST ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 9 AM EDT WEDNESDAY. * TEMPERATURES...32 TO 36 DEGREES OUTSIDE OF DOWNTOWN WASHINGTON AND DOWNTOWN BALTIMORE.
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 13800 block of Braddock Springs Road, documents from vehicle 13800 block of Braddock Springs Road, cash from vehicle 14200 block of Centreville Square, cash from business 6000 block of Honnicut Drive, property from vehicle 4300 block of Lees Corner Road, medication from residence 5600 block of Powers Lane, cash from vehicle […]
Fair Oaks Police District – Officers responded for the report of a crash on Sully Road (Route 28) near Lee Jackson Memorial Highway (Route 50), Friday, October 21. Detectives from the Crash Reconstruction Unit were called to the scene to investigate. Around 6 a.m., a 1996 Dodge Truck, driven by a 29-year-old man from West […]
Lost Treasure Returned Detectives Investigating Several Skimming Cases Traffic Stop Leads to Drugs and Guns CALLS FOR SERVICE SUMMARY Date Covered: 10/20/16 Total Calls for Service: 1,402 Total Persons Experiencing Mental Crisis Calls for Service: 12 Total Domestic-Related Calls for Service: 21 Total Crash Calls for Service: 127 ALCOHOL ENFORCEMENT Officers from around the county will conduct […]
Mount Vernon Police District – On Thursday, October 20, at approximately 4 p.m., Neighborhood Patrol Unit officers conducted a traffic stop in the 6000 block of Richmond Highway for a traffic violation. There were four people in the car, the driver and three passengers. During their investigation, they determined the driver, Claude Marshall, 29, of […]
Have you ever lost something sentimental? It might not have much monetary value, but to you, it holds a priceless memory and now it’s gone. In 1987, Greg McCarthy graduated from Bartlesville High School, in Oklahoma. He left with his memories and his high school ring. youtu.be/8f18CP75brU In 2014, Greg was living in Burke, Virginia. […]