Ways to Stay Informed: Fairfax Prepares Day 12
Posted 4:18 p.m.
Some of the questions focused on specific emergency information tools we use to share updates and to hear what’s going on in the community. We listed a variety of tools in the survey such as:
- Text/email alerts
- This emergency information blog (subscribe by email — top right column)
- County iPhone/Android apps
In written comments about which of these tools people use to stay informed, a clear consensus said we could do a better job in marketing/advertising these tools. Many people were simply unaware.
THE ASK: By this weekend, share this post with a family member or friend (or many others!) and ask them to sign up for at least one of the tools above. We need your help in sharing the menu of options for how people may stay informed during an emergency.
TELL US you’ve done this:
- Post a quick reply in this blog’s comments section below such as “I’ve done this.”
- Use the Twitter hashtag #fairfaxprepares and tweet your accomplishment. Include photos if you’d like.
- Like our special Facebook page for this campaign to leave comments and share tips with your friends.
- Email us at email@example.com that you accomplished an ask.
SHARE THIS TIP:
- Click the links below to email, share on social media or print a hard copy. Thanks!
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- Flash Flood Watch issued July 27 at 9:14PM EDT until July 29 at 2:00PM EDT by NWS July 28, 2017...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON... The Flash Flood Watch continues for * Portions of Maryland, The District of Columbia, Virginia, and West Virginia, including the following areas, in Maryland, Anne Arundel, Calvert, Carroll, Central and Eastern Allegany,
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
NOTE TO MEDIA: PIO will be on scene near Vaden Dr and Sprague Ave. around 7 tomorrow morning. Fair Oaks Police District – Detectives continue their investigation into this morning’s stabbing of a woman on a path adjacent to Vaden Drive in Fairfax and we are sharing the most recent information available about this incident. […]
Fair Oaks Police District – A retired priest was arrested yesterday morning for an alleged crime against a child that occurred about 14 years ago. Sometime in 2003, Gervase Cain, then 72 years old, allegedly touched a 15-year-old girl inappropriately during a consultation at the victim’s home in Fairfax. Cain, who is now 86 […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 15200 block of Elk Run Road, cell phone from vehicle STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: None reported STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 1400 block of Balls Hill Road, cash and jewelry from residence 1900 block of Chain Bridge Road, merchandise from business 7900 block […]
Fair Oaks Police District – There is an ongoing search for the person who stabbed a woman walking on a path which parallels Vaden Drive near the intersection of Sprague Avenue. Shortly after 7:30 this morning, officers from the Fair Oaks District were flagged down by a citizen reporting someone had been stabbed. Officers located […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 13300 block of Lee Highway, merchandise from business 13900 block of Lee Highway, beer from business 4900 block of Stonecroft Boulevard, cash from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION ROBBERY: Two teenagers approached a man in the 8600 block of Venoy Court on Tuesday evening around 7:05, and one […]