Cash: Fairfax Prepares Day 2
Posted 1:12 p.m.
Sixty-nine percent of respondents who own a business in Fairfax County lost power during the derecho storm in June, according to our ongoing emergency survey. Many of those businesses undoubtedly accept debit or credit cards.
Of course, without electricity, you cannot always pay with debit/credit cards or withdraw your money from the bank.
Without the Internet or phone connections, businesses may not be able to accept electronic payments, either. Now is the time to set aside a little bit of extra cash in case you need to pay for items after an incident in our community. For example, the nearest gas station may be open but only accepting cash payments.
TELL US you’ve done this:
- Post a quick reply in this blog’s comments section below such as “I’ve done this.”
- Use the Twitter hashtag #fairfaxprepares and tweet your accomplishment. Include photos if you’d like.
- Like our special Facebook page for this campaign to leave comments and share tips with your friends.
- Email us at email@example.com that you accomplished an ask.
SHARE THIS TIP:
- Click the links below to email, share on social media or print a hard copy. Thanks!