Pets: Fairfax Prepares Day 1
Posted 11:42 a.m.
(First of 30 ideas as part of a preparedness campaign this September. Learn more.)
Those of us with pets love them. They are part of our family.
When a disaster strikes, such as a flood or tornado, we need be ready to take proper care of and plan for our dogs, cats and other pets.
In an ongoing emergency survey right now, only 13 percent of respondents said they have made preparedness kits for their pets. Let’s work as the whole community to improve that percentage.
- Food and water for at least three days
- Medications and medical records
- Cat litter box and litter
- Sturdy leashes, harnesses, and carriers
- Current photos and descriptions
- Pet beds and toys
- Information about your pets’ feeding schedules, medical conditions, behavior problems, and the name and number of your veterinarian in case you have to board your pets or place them in foster care
TELL US you’ve done this:
- Post a quick reply in this blog’s comments section below such as “I’ve done this.”
- Use the Twitter hashtag #fairfaxprepares and tweet your accomplishment. Include photos if you’d like.
- Like our special Facebook page for this campaign to leave comments and share tips with your friends.
- Email us at email@example.com that you accomplished an ask.
SHARE THIS TIP:
- Click the links below to email, share on social media or print a hard copy. Thanks!