Heat Advisory Until 9 p.m.
Posted 11:32 a.m.
A heat advisory begins at noon today until 9 p.m. It’s going to be very hot again.
- Heat index values will be 100 to 105 degrees.
- Maximum temperatures in the mid to upper 90s.
- There is a risk of heat exhaustion or other heat-related illness for those without air-conditioning or those spending time outdoors for an extended period.
If you’re without power, then most county RECenters —except one— is open with extended hours so you can beat the heat, shower, and recharge your cellphones, medical devices and other electronic devices.
Please review these quick safety tips if you still do not have power, before you head outdoors to parades, fireworks or other gatherings today:
- Drink plenty of fluids: Drink two to four glasses of cool fluids each hour if you are in a hot environment. Your body needs water to keep cool. Drink water even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- Do not drink caffeinated or alcoholic beverages because they dehydrate the body.
- More Heat Safety Tips.
Some more quick tips from the Office of Emergency Management’s Sulayman Brown: