Update: Roads Impacted by Storm Damage
Posted 12:22 p.m.
A number of roads (PDF) are still impacted by damage from the storm. The list will be updated as information becomes available.
Drivers are reminded to obey four-way stop rules at intersections without power.
- Treat each traffic light as a four-way stop, with the driver on the right having the right-of-way.
- Proceed with caution only when traffic permits.
- Enter intersections only when it is safe to do so, using turn signals to let other motorists know your intentions.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Watch out for and obey police officers directing traffic within intersections.
Continuous Updates on TwitterMy Tweets
- Wind Chill Advisory issued February 13 at 11:55AM EST until February 14 at 9:00AM EST by NWS February 13, 2016...WIND CHILL ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 9 AM EST SUNDAY... * WIND CHILLS...0 TO 5 DEGREES BELOW ZERO. * WINDS...NORTHWEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH. WINDS DECREASING TO 10 TO 15 MPH TONIGHT. * TEMPERATURES...FALLING INTO THE SINGLE DIGITS TO LOW TEENS
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
We wish you a Safe and Happy Valentine’s Day Weekend! CALLS FOR SERVICE SUMMARY Date Covered: 02/11/16 Total Calls for Service: 1372 Total Mental Health-Related Calls for Service: 12 Total Domestic-Related Calls for Service: 20 Total Crash Calls for Service: 101 SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 6400 block of Emerald Green Court, phone from business. MOUNT […]
Shortly after 2:30 p.m. on Thursday February 11, officers were called to a residence in the 6800 block of Silassie Court, in the Lorton area, for a man experiencing emotional distress. He was in possession of a knife, expressed threats to harm himself, and refused to come out of a room in the home. Responding […]
This report is published every weekday, except county holidays. The information in each report covers significant criminal incidents generally from the day before; reports published on Monday cover the preceding Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Some incidents may appear a day or two after the occurrence. The report contains selected crimes, including animal-related incidents and property […]
A juvenile male allegedly involved in the robbery has been arrested and charged with two felony offenses; one count of abduction and one count of robbery. Major Crimes Division detectives are actively continuing their investigation. If anyone has information they are asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at http://www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text […]
William Brock, 52, of Potomac Falls (Loudoun County), was arrested on Wednesday, February 10. He has been charged with felony destruction of property, Virginia Criminal Code Section § 18.2-137 and shooting into an occupied building, Virginia Criminal Code Section § 18.2-279. Brock remains hospitalized, on no bond and under guard, pending his medical release, at […]