Fairfax County Operating Status for Tuesday, July 3
Posted 6:15 a.m.
- Fairfax County Government is open, Tuesday, July 3, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools operating status will be updated online at www.fcps.edu.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open.
Fairfax County Health Department
- Fairfax County Falls Church District Office: Closed/STD Clinic cancelled.
- Community Health Care Network (CHCN) Bailey’s: Closed.
- Lewinsville Adult Day Health Care Center (ADHC): Closed.
- The latest Health Department status will be updated online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hd/alert/closings.htm.
- Cardinal Forest, Mosby Woods, Haycock, Olde Creek and Stratford Landing SACC centers will be closed on Tuesday, July 3.
- Additional closings are possible. Questions can be directed to SACC administration at 703-449-1414, between the hours of 6:45 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
View the latest list of closures and delays.
For National Capital Region operating status and information: www.capitalregionupdates.gov.
To report an emergency, call (preferred) or text 9-1-1 (voice and TTY). For non-emergencies, call 703-691-2131, TTY 703-877-3715.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
On Thursday, April 19, at approximately 8:49 a.m., units from Fairfax County Fire and Rescue and Arlington County Fire Department were dispatched for a reported building fire in the 6700 block of Lowell Avenue in the McLean section of Fairfax County. Units arrived on scene of a three-story, animal healthcare center and boarding facility […]
Via Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs Fairfax County Assistant Fire Chief John Caussin has been named interim chief of the Fire and Rescue Department, effective April 30. Caussin will replace Fire Chief Richard Bowers Jr., who retires at the end of this month. Caussin began his career with the department in 1985. He […]
On Saturday, April 14 at approximately 9:44 a.m., units from Fairfax County Fire and Rescue and the City of Alexandria Fire Department were dispatched for a reported house fire in the 6100 block of Squire Lane in the Rose Hill section of Fairfax County. Units arrived to find smoke and fire showing from the basement […]
Fairfax County Police Department News
Sully Police District – Crash Reconstruction Unit detectives today are investigating a fatal pedestrian accident involving a Centreville man who was hit and killed by a car. The investigation has determined the man was hit shortly before 11 last night while attempting to cross Lee Highway at Stone Road. The driver of a 2001 Ford […]
GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS: Check out our new look on social media: Updating our look to help update you Stay in touch with us through Social Media SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: None reported STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 5900 block of Grand Pavilion Way, tires from vehicle 6800 block of Richmond Highway, cash […]
Detectives this afternoon are investigating an in-custody death of a 47-year-old inmate at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center. An autopsy is being conducted, however, preliminarily, there are no signs of foul play. On April 23, at approximately 4 pm, a Fairfax County Sheriff’s deputy found an inmate unresponsive in her cell on the bed. […]