Roads Impacted by Storm Damage Update
Posted 2:50 p.m.
A number of roads (PDF) are still impacted by damage from the storm. The list will be updated as information becomes available.
Drivers are reminded to obey four-way stop rules at intersections without power.
- Treat each traffic light as a four-way stop, with the driver on the right having the right-of-way.
- Proceed with caution only when traffic permits.
- Enter intersections only when it is safe to do so, using turn signals to let other motorists know your intentions.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Watch out for and obey police officers directing traffic within intersections.
- Winter Weather Advisory issued January 16 at 2:26PM EST until January 17 at 9:00AM EST by NWS January 16, 2018...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 9 AM EST WEDNESDAY... * WHAT...Snow expected. Plan on slippery road conditions, including during the Wednesday morning commute. Total snow accumulations of around one inch are expected. * WHERE...Portions of northern Virginia and Maryland, including
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
Officers are asking for the public’s help in identifying the suspect(s) who destroyed a statue on the grounds of The Potomac School in McLean. The crime occurred in the 1300 block of Potomac School Road between the evening hours of December 21 and the early morning hours of December 22. The heads of the three llamas […]
Mount Vernon Police District – Detectives are asking for the public’s help in locating 16-year-old Jholie Moussa. She was last seen in the 4200 block of Sonia Court on Friday, January 12, around 4:30 p.m. Moussa is around 5’2” and weighs around 105 pounds. She has black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen […]
Franconia Police District – Officers were called to the scene of a crash in the 7700 block of Loisdale Road yesterday, just before 12:30 p.m. Officers found that a 2006 Ford Ranger being driven by 73-year-old James Jones, of Manassas, was traveling south on Loisdale Road. He then hit a jersey wall causing his car […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 13600 block of Bennet Pond Court, jewelry from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION ROBBERY: 8600 block of Beekman Place, 1/11/18, around 9:30 p.m. A community member was confronted by two men who demanded money. One suspect was reported to be armed with a knife. There were no […]
Detectives Seeking Person of Interest in Unlawful Filming of a Minor in a Fitting Room at Fair Oaks Mall
Fair Oaks Police District – Detectives are asking for the public’s help in identifying a person of interest in a case of unlawful filming of a minor at a store in Fair Oaks Mall. It happened at Hollister Co. between 2 and 3 last Sunday afternoon when a 13-year-old girl was trying on clothes inside […]