Heading to the Pool? Safety Tips
Posted 2:23 p.m.
With the ongoing high temperatures, many residents are heading to area public and private swimming pools. Please keep these safety tips in mind:
- Never leave children alone or out of eye contact while they are in or near the water.
- An adult should be within arm’s length whenever an infant or toddler is in the pool.
- The water should be clear so that the main drain and any feature on the bottom of the pool is clearly visible.
- Have a phone and emergency equipment (such as life preservers and shepherd’s crook) poolside in case of emergency.
To report an emergency, call (preferred) or text 9-1-1 (voice and TTY). For non-emergencies, call 703-691-2131, TTY 703-877-3715.
- Freeze Watch issued April 19 at 4:27AM EDT until April 20 at 9:00AM EDT by NWS April 19, 2018...FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING... The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has issued a Freeze Watch, which is in effect from late tonight through Friday morning. * TEMPERATURES...32 degrees or less.
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
In a ceremony on Monday, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department dedicated the new Public Safety Occupational Health Center (PSOHC) to Lieutenant (ret) Patrick J. Morrison. He, along with countless others, was instrumental in making the PSOHC a reality for our Fairfax County firefighters and paramedics to include cancer screenings and behavioral health resources. […]
Community Emergency Response Team, or CERT, is a training program that prepares residents to help themselves, their families and their neighbors in the event of a disaster in their community. Through CERT, residents can learn about disaster preparedness and receive training in basic disaster response skills such as fire safety, light search and rescue, and […]
On Saturday, April 14 at approximately 9:04 p.m., units were dispatched for a reported house fire in the 11900 block of Grey Squirrel Lane in the Reston section of Fairfax County. Units arrived on the scene of a two-story, single family house to find a significant volume of fire showing from the rear of the […]
Fairfax County Police Department News
Sully Police District – Detectives have identified the homicide victim found in the 6500 block of Colchester Road this morning as 30-year-old Michael Cooker, of Herndon. At 6:49, officers responded to the area after a passerby saw a man lying on the side of the road. Medics arrived and pronounced him dead at the scene. […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 13700 block of Winding Oak Circle, property from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 6400 block of 14th Street, wallet from vehicle 8400 block of Frye Road, merchandise from business 4100 block of Scotland Road, property from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION BURGLARY: 1200 […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: None reported STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 1400 block of Cool Spring Drive, jewelry and purses from residence 7500 block of Milway Drive, medications from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 1400 block of Balls Hill Road, license plate from vehicle 8300 block of […]