Fairfax County Operating Status for Tuesday, July 3
Updated 6:15 a.m.
- Fairfax County Government is open, Tuesday, July 3, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools operating status will be updated online at http://www.fcps.edu/.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open.
Fairfax County Health Department
- Fairfax County Falls Church District Office: Closed/STD Clinic cancelled.
- Community Health Care Network (CHCN) Bailey’s: Closed.
- Lewinsville Adult Day Health Care Center (ADHC): Closed.
- The latest Health Department status will be updated online at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hd/alert/closings.htm.
- Haycock, Olde Creek and Stratford Landing SACC centers will be closed on Tuesday, July 3.
- Additional closings are possible. Questions can be directed to SACC administration at 703-449-1414, between the hours of 6:45 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
View the latest list of closures and delays.
For National Capital Region operating status and information: www.capitalregionupdates.gov.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION BURGLARY: 5100 block of Pleasant Forest Drive, between 8 a.m. 1/21/17 and 9:15 p.m. 1/21/17. An investigation determined entry was forced through a window. Electronics and cash were reported missing. LARCENIES: 13000 block of Ann Grigsby Circle, firearm from truck 14000 block of Chantilly Crossing Lane, left restaurant without paying 13000 block […]
Members of the media are invited to attend a news conference regarding the shots that were fired at a marked Fairfax County Police cruiser last night. Colonel Edwin C. Roessler Jr., Chief of the Fairfax County Police Department and Fairfax County Police Captain David M. Smith, Commander of the Major Crimes Division, will be on […]
Reston Police District – Detectives this morning are investigating an incident in which one of our officers was shot at while on duty in his marked cruiser. The cruiser was struck several times by gunfire. Fortunately, the officer was not injured. Preliminarily our investigation reveals that just before midnight last night, the officer attempted […]
Mount Vernon Police District: Early this morning around 1 a.m., we got a call for a shooting in the 6600 block of The Parkway in Alexandria. When officers arrived, they found a teenaged male who had been shot. He was taken to the hospital with serious injuries, but remains in stable condition. Detectives believe this is not a random incident and that there […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION Animal Protection Officers Seek Identity of Dog Walker LARCENIES: 14000 block of Summer Tree Road, exhaust pipe from vehicle MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION ROBBERY: 2800 block of Beacon Hill Road, 1/18/17, around 4:50 p.m. Two men entered a store and took merchandise without paying. An employee attempted to retrieve the merchandise and one […]