Fairfax County Operating Status for Tuesday, July 3
Updated 6:15 a.m.
- Fairfax County Government is open, Tuesday, July 3, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools operating status will be updated online at http://www.fcps.edu/.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open.
Fairfax County Health Department
- Fairfax County Falls Church District Office: Closed/STD Clinic cancelled.
- Community Health Care Network (CHCN) Bailey’s: Closed.
- Lewinsville Adult Day Health Care Center (ADHC): Closed.
- The latest Health Department status will be updated online at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hd/alert/closings.htm.
- Haycock, Olde Creek and Stratford Landing SACC centers will be closed on Tuesday, July 3.
- Additional closings are possible. Questions can be directed to SACC administration at 703-449-1414, between the hours of 6:45 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
View the latest list of closures and delays.
For National Capital Region operating status and information: www.capitalregionupdates.gov.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 6900 block of Hovingham Court, wallet from vehicle STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION ROBBERY: 2900 block of Arlington Drive, 11/21/17 around 10:45 p.m. The victim was approached by two men in the parking lot and was assaulted by them. During the assault, the two men stole cash […]
To the Residents of Fairfax County: As your Chief of Police, I want to ensure you have the latest information on the U.S. Park Police’s officer-involved shooting that occurred in the Mount Vernon District on Friday, November 17. Below is a news release the FBI sent to the media last night. Here’s what I […]
Fairfax County Public Schools Employee Charged with Assault and Battery on Child with Autism; Two Others Recently Charged in Separate Incident
A Fairfax County Public Schools employee is facing charges this week after an investigation found he assaulted a child with autism twice while on the way to school. These incidents are not related to the two arrests we reported on earlier this week, and involve a different suspect and victim. In this case, a mother […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 14400 block of Woodmere Court, property and money from residence STOLEN VEHICLES None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 8400 block of Fort Hunt Road, candy from school 6300 block of Richmond Highway, wallet from business 7600 block of Richmond Highway, shoes from business STOLEN VEHICLES None reported MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION […]
Our department will be launching a pilot body worn camera program this coming spring, after unanimous approval from the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors this morning. This pilot program will be conducted with all operational uniformed patrol officers from two of our district stations; Mount Vernon and Mason. It will include 230 cameras and last […]