Fairfax County Operating Status for Tuesday, July 3
Updated 6:15 a.m.
- Fairfax County Government is open, Tuesday, July 3, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools operating status will be updated online at http://www.fcps.edu/.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open.
Fairfax County Health Department
- Fairfax County Falls Church District Office: Closed/STD Clinic cancelled.
- Community Health Care Network (CHCN) Bailey’s: Closed.
- Lewinsville Adult Day Health Care Center (ADHC): Closed.
- The latest Health Department status will be updated online at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hd/alert/closings.htm.
- Haycock, Olde Creek and Stratford Landing SACC centers will be closed on Tuesday, July 3.
- Additional closings are possible. Questions can be directed to SACC administration at 703-449-1414, between the hours of 6:45 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
View the latest list of closures and delays.
For National Capital Region operating status and information: www.capitalregionupdates.gov.
To report an emergency, call (preferred) or text 9-1-1 (voice and TTY). For non-emergencies, call 703-691-2131, TTY 703-877-3715.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
Earlier this afternoon, Fire Chief Richard Bowers announced his retirement to the men and women of the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department. Following his announcement, he sent the following message to all personnel. Good afternoon Fairfax County Fire and Rescue personnel! I have proudly and honorably served in the Fire and Rescue profession for almost 41 […]
The Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department is pleased to announce that Lieutenant Marc Davidson, Training Academy, has been selected as recipient of the 2017 Governor’s Fire Service Award for Firefighter of the Year. The Governor’s Fire Service Awards were established as a formal recognition of excellence in Virginia’s Fire Services. Lieutenant Davidson was recognized […]
On Tuesday, February 13 at approximately 3:12 p.m., units were dispatched for a reported townhouse fire in the 8500 block of Jeffersonian Court in the Tysons section of Fairfax County. Units arrived on scene to find smoke showing from a second floor window to the rear of a two-story, middle unit townhouse. Crews found, and quickly […]
Fairfax County Police Department News
Fair Oaks Police District – Detectives are asking for the public’s help in identifying three individuals they believe are responsible for a burglary that took place yesterday around 12:50 p.m. in the 5300 block of Poplar Valley Court in Centreville. Three males were seen running across Stringfellow Road near Autumn Willow Drive where they jumped […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION ROBBERY: 5047 Westfields Boulevard (Subway), 2/15/18, 9:00 p.m. A man entered the store and displayed a hand gun demanding money. The suspect took cash and ran away. There were no injuries. The suspect was described as Hispanic, 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 4 inches tall, average build, and wearing all black […]
Sully Police District – Our homicide detectives were able to confirm the identity of the body found in Centreville on Wednesday as 17-year-old Matthew Ortega, during an autopsy at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. The autopsy results are pending. Due to the ongoing criminal investigation, at this point we are only confirming Ortega […]