Fairfax County Operating Status for Tuesday, July 3
Updated 6:15 a.m.
- Fairfax County Government is open, Tuesday, July 3, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools operating status will be updated online at http://www.fcps.edu/.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are open.
Fairfax County Health Department
- Fairfax County Falls Church District Office: Closed/STD Clinic cancelled.
- Community Health Care Network (CHCN) Bailey’s: Closed.
- Lewinsville Adult Day Health Care Center (ADHC): Closed.
- The latest Health Department status will be updated online at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hd/alert/closings.htm.
- Haycock, Olde Creek and Stratford Landing SACC centers will be closed on Tuesday, July 3.
- Additional closings are possible. Questions can be directed to SACC administration at 703-449-1414, between the hours of 6:45 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
View the latest list of closures and delays.
For National Capital Region operating status and information: www.capitalregionupdates.gov.
To report an emergency, call (preferred) or text 9-1-1 (voice and TTY). For non-emergencies, call 703-691-2131, TTY 703-877-3715.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
On Thursday, firefighters and paramedics from Fire and Rescue Station 30, Merrifield, B-Shift and EMS Supervisor 404 had an opportunity to teach the INOVA/Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) medical students about the principles and capabilities of pre-hospital medical and trauma care. The crews demonstrated a variety of equipment and the capabilities of each. Medic 430 demonstrated […]
On Saturday, April 14 at approximately 1:33 a.m., units from Fairfax County Fire and Rescue and the Arlington County Fire Department were dispatched for a reported house fire in the 1700 block of Pimmit Drive, in the Pimmit Hills section of Fairfax County. Units arrived on scene to find fire showing on two sides of […]
In a ceremony on Monday, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department dedicated the new Public Safety Occupational Health Center (PSOHC) to Lieutenant (ret) Patrick J. Morrison. He, along with countless others, was instrumental in making the PSOHC a reality for our Fairfax County firefighters and paramedics to include cancer screenings and behavioral health resources. […]
Fairfax County Police Department News
Two men are facing charges after shopping center units along with the Tysons Urban Team (TUT) received a tip that they were fraudulently purchasing high end merchandise. A store employee notified officers after the pair tried to make a purchase and the card was declined. Officers investigated the tip and learned the two men were using […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: None reported STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 2300 block of Huntington Avenue, beer from business 3500 block of Huntley Manor, package from residence 7900 block of Richmond Highway, merchandise from business 8100 block of Richmond Highway, merchandise from business STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 14500 block of Lee Road, merchandise from business 4900 block of Stonecroft Boulevard, property from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 2300 block of Huntington Avenue, merchandise from business 2500 block of Parkers Lane, electronic device from school 2500 block of Parkers Lane, license plate from vehicle […]