80+ Intersections Without Traffic Lights; Obey Four-Way Stop Rules
Posted 4:33 a.m.
More than 80 intersections in Fairfax County remain without working traffic lights. As you start your morning commute, PLEASE obey 4-way stop rules at intersections without power.
- Treat each traffic light as a four-way stop, with the driver on the right having the right-of-way.
- Proceed with caution only when traffic permits.
- Enter intersections only when it is safe to do so, using turn signals to let other motorists know your intentions.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Watch out for and obey police officers directing traffic within intersections.
Here’s a sampling of the major intersections without working traffic lights right now:
- Route 123/International Drive
- Route 7/Beulah
- Route 50/Gallows Road
- Route 50/Nutley Street
- West Ox Road/Fair Lakes Parkway
- Route 1/Telegraph Road
- Lorton Road/I-95
- Hummer Road/Gallows Road
- Fort Hunt/Belle Haven
- Baron Cameron/Fairfax County Parkway
- Reston Parkway/Lawyers Road
- Route 50/Stringfellow Road