Posted 5:44 a.m.
- Most buses have resumed normal routing. In the south county, Route 401 buses are detouring around northbound Hummer Road via Annandale Road. Check for schedule updates on Facebook.
- Storm cleanup continues. Some traffic signals remain without power, which may cause service delays.
- Effective today, Fairfax Connector fares increase.
- Treat intersections with traffic lights that are out or flashing as four-way stops; the driver on the right has the right-of-way. Traffic rules during power outages.
- For the latest info, call VDOT at 511 or 1-800-FOR-ROAD.
To report an emergency, call (preferred) or text 9-1-1 (voice and TTY). For non-emergencies, call 703-691-2131, TTY 703-877-3715.
- Flood Warning issued May 20 at 4:15AM EDT until May 20 at 9:00PM EDT by NWS May 20, 2018...The flood warning continues for the following rivers in Maryland...Virginia... Potomac River at Little Falls affecting Montgomery...Fairfax and Loudoun Counties ...Flood Warning extended until this evening... The Flood Warning continues email@example.com
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
This week, May 20 – 26, is the 44th annual National Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Week! All firefighters in the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department are EMS providers by virtue of all having certification as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) at the minimum. As well, several hundred more have certification as a Paramedic. Thank […]
Attention all area fire and rescue personnel. A fantastic FREE training in June at the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Training Academy. As always, ALL are invited…bucket firefighters, drivers, company and command officers. Riding The Seat: Understanding and Fighting Basement Fires June 12 or June 13 (pick one day) starting at 7:30 a.m. – 3 […]
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) has some good guidance for safe driving in the rain, like keeping extra distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you. Also, turn on your lights anytime it’s raining. Check out the video for more tips.
Fairfax County Police Department News
Reston Police District – A local doctor is facing charges after our investigation determined he had inappropriate contact with an adult male patient during two separate office visits. Dr. Ticoni Barte, 63, of Herndon, practiced at Community Health Care Network in the 1100 block of Washington Plaza West in Reston. The Fairfax County Health Department […]
A 9-year-old boy has died after an accident at Franconia Elementary School. The boy, who was in the School Age Child Care (SACC) program at his school on Beulah Road, was in the gym at about 4:45 yesterday afternoon. The child, Wesley Lipicky, and a teacher, both simultaneously pressed a button to open a large, […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 14300 block of Chantilly Crossing Lane, merchandise from business STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION BURGLARY/DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY: 7900 block of Janna Lee Avenue, 05/17/18, 7:53 a.m. An employee went into an apartment that needed repairs and noticed someone had been in the unit and damaged it. TRESPASSING: 7900 […]