Pet Safety on Hot Days
Posted: 10:20 a.m.
- Never leave pets in a parked car. On a warm day, temperatures can rapidly rise to dangerous levels. If you see an animal in distress in a parked car, contact police. Even with the windows slightly open, the temperature in a car on a 93-degree day can soar to 125 degrees in just 20 minutes and approximately 140 degrees in 40 minutes.
- Shade and water are vital to pets.
- Limit exercise on hot days. Take care to adjust intensity and duration of exercise. Watch for shortness of breath and remember that asphalt gets very hot and can burn paws; walk your dog on the grass if possible.
- Signs that your pet may need further attention.
- Wind Advisory issued November 18 at 1:36PM EST until November 19 at 3:00PM EST by NWS November 18, 2017...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 3 PM EST SUNDAY... The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has issued a Wind Advisory, which is in effect from 4 AM to 3 PM EST Sunday. * TIMING...An initial burst of strong winds may occur with the passage of a strong cold front late tonight. Winds may diminish
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 4400 block of Stonecroft Boulevard, package from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION BURGLARY: 7900 block of Woodpecker Way, 11/16/17 around 6:30 a.m. Someone entered the residence and stole cash. LARCENIES: None reported STOLEN VEHICLES: None reported MCLEAN DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 8300 block of Leesburg Pike, cell phone […]
Detectives around Fairfax County are investigating four burglaries of occupied homes in the last two days. The crimes appear to be connected. Around 2 a.m. yesterday, officers responded to two homes in the Fair Oaks District within walking distance of one another after residents were awakened by noises in the middle of the night. This […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 14700 block of Green Park Way, package from business 14100 block of Lee Highway, cell phone from business 5800 block of Trinity Parkway, skateboard from residence STOLEN VEHICLES: 5100 block of Westfields Boulevard, 2000 Toyota Sienna MOUNT VERNON DISTRICT STATION LARCENIES: 2500 block of Parkers Lane, license plates from vehicle 7300 […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION MALICIOUS WOUNDING: 4000 block of Kimberley Glen Court, 11/14/17 around 6:15 p.m. Officers responded for a report of a stabbing and found a victim with non-life-threatening injuries. The suspect is described as a male dressed in all dark clothing. LARCENIES: 61200 block of Hoskins Hollow Circle, wallet from vehicle 13800 block of […]
We are heading into the holiday season, but it’s not a time of joy for everyone. In 2017, our Victim Services Section worked over 300 cases involving child victims, as well as child witnesses of domestic and sexual violence. Many of these children will not get to celebrate the holidays this year due to the […]