Drive Safely as Light Snow Expected Through Tonight
Posted 4:49 p.m.
The National Weather Service expects snow to fall through 10 p.m. this evening with a half inch to one inch possible in some areas. Check updated weather forecasts for more details.
It’s rush hour, so please drive carefully and allow for more time as the snow reduces visibility and may make roads slick.
NWS predicts temperatures will remain near or slightly above freezing causing most roadways to remain wet. However, moderate snow may coat some roadways causing slippery travel conditions during the evening rush hour. Please use extra caution while driving.
Other driving tips include:
- Clear the snow and ice from your vehicle’s roof, hood and trunk and especially from the windows, mirrors and lights.
- Always wear your seat belt.
- Leave a few minutes early.
- Be aware of potentially icy areas such as shady spots and bridges.
- Keep a safe distance of at least five seconds behind other vehicles.