Digital Preparedness Kit
Digital preparedness is an important way to stay informed and connected before, during and after an emergency.
Here are some tips:
- Tell your friends & family you are OK via text, Email, Twitter, Facebookand other social media. Avoid calling by phone.
- Make sure your mobile phone has an electric charger, inverter or solar charger.
- Know how to use your phone to communicate; for example, using WiFi versus a carrier’s network has differences; texting takes less bandwidth than phone calls.
- Charge your digital cameraor buy batteries for your film camera if you need to document storm damage afterwards.
- Save important phone numbers to your phone.
Visit http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/digital-preparedness.htm for some recommended tools, too.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Twitter UpdatesMy Tweets
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
SULLY DISTRICT STATION PEEPING: 6200 block of Ridge Pond Road, 4/27/17 around 10:25 p.m. Officers responded to a home for a report of a peeping. A woman entered her apartment and observed a man standing outside on her patio. She confronted him and he fled on foot. Officers checked the area extensively, but did not […]
Franconia Police District – Detectives have released a photograph of the suspect in an iPhone theft from Capital One Bank located at 6949 Commerce Street. On March 15, the man was seen on surveillance cameras stealing an iPhone from a check cashing desk. He was described as Middle Eastern, in his late 30s, around 5 […]
SULLY DISTRICT STATION SKIMMING DEVICE: 6300 Block of Multiplex Dr. (Exxon) 4/26/17, 10:55 a.m. BB&T Bank, Card Fraud Monitoring Division detected irregularities at the gas station. They requested that a Compliance Officer from the Virginia Office of Weights and Measures inspect the pumps. The compliance officer located what he believed to be a skimming device […]
Sully Police District – Detectives were notified a short time ago that John Charles Hunt was found safe and sound in Orange County, New Jersey. He had apparently run out of gas. Mr. Hunt’s family has been notified. (4/26/17) Help Us Find a Critical Missing Man Sully Police District – Detectives are asking for the […]
John Charles Hunt Image of a 2006 Lexus GS300 (Not the actual vehicle) Sully Police District – Detectives are asking for the public’s assistance in locating a missing man. Around 8 this morning, 88-year-old John Charles Hunt was discovered missing from his home in the 14700 block of Winterfield Court in Centreville. Mr. Hunt has […]