Fairfax County Public Schools Closed Tuesday, March 4
All Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) will be closed on Tuesday, March 4. School offices will be open with an unscheduled leave policy in effect. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers also will be closed.
The following activities in schools and on school grounds are cancelled:
- Extracurricular activities.
- Interscholastic contests.
- Team practices.
- Field trips.
- Middle school after-school programs.
- Professional learning and training courses.
- All adult and community education classes.
- Recreation programs and community use by outside groups not affiliated with FCPS.
For more information from FCPS, go to www.fcps.edu
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
Sully Police District – Around 6:10 p.m. on Wednesday, October 22, police responded to the report of a crash at the intersection of Ox Road (Route 123) and Little Ox Road. Detectives from the Crash Reconstruction Unit responded. The preliminary investigation determined that a 1994 Lexus being driven by a 80-year-old man was southbound on […]
Franconia Police District – Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney Raymond F. Morrogh has informed Colonel Edwin C. Roessler Jr., Chief of the Fairfax County Police Department, that he finds no basis for criminal liability on the part of the officers who discharged their weapons in this case. Investigation revealed officers encountered a man who raised his […]