Fairfax County Public Schools Closed Tuesday, March 4
All Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) will be closed on Tuesday, March 4. School offices will be open with an unscheduled leave policy in effect. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers also will be closed.
The following activities in schools and on school grounds are cancelled:
- Extracurricular activities.
- Interscholastic contests.
- Team practices.
- Field trips.
- Middle school after-school programs.
- Professional learning and training courses.
- All adult and community education classes.
- Recreation programs and community use by outside groups not affiliated with FCPS.
For more information from FCPS, go to www.fcps.edu
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued September 01 at 4:20PM EDT until September 01 at 4:30PM EDT by NWS September 1, 2014...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 430 PM EDT FOR THE CITY OF ALEXANDRIA...THE CITY OF FALLS CHURCH...FAIRFAX... PRINCE GEORGES...ARLINGTON AND MONTGOMERY COUNTIES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA... AT 415 PM EDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WAS DETECTED NEAR BALLSTON...OR NEAR ARLINGTON...AND WAS MOVING EAST AT 25 MPH.
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
Around 2:07 a.m. on Monday, September 1, police were called to the 6000 block of Bellview Drive in the Culmore area, for a report of a suspicious person. Upon arrival, police discovered the body of an adult male in a … Continue reading →
Fairfax County Police urge motorists to be extra vigilant for pedestrians and bicyclists as county schools resume classes Tuesday, September 2. Commuters should expect increased congestion throughout the week and build time into their schedules to accommodate for the traditionally … Continue reading →
Thank you to all who joined us at the 35th Annual Mid-Atlantic Police Motorcycle Competition last weekend at the Dulles Expo Center. Your presence and support was very much appreciated by all. The Fairfax County Police Motor Squad, visiting agencies, … Continue reading →
This report is published every weekday, except county holidays. The information in each report covers significant criminal incidents generally from the day before; reports published on Monday cover the preceding Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Some incidents may appear a day … Continue reading →
“Slow Down: You Live Here. We Live Here” The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, FCPD leaders and dozens of homeowner association and Neighborhood Watch residents gathered today to kick off a new community-wide speed initiative at the FCPD driver training … Continue reading →