June is National Safety Month: Stay Informed
Posted at 3:45 p.m.
June is National Safety Month and we will be providing critical summer safety messages twice a week throughout the month.
Fairfax County’s Risk Management Division and the Office of Emergency Management encourage all of us to take a few minutes this month to become aware of some of leading causes of preventable injuries and deaths, and the easy steps you can take to stay healthy and injury-free. Some of the topics we will cover this month will include safety; slips, trips and falls prevention, and how to safely play and work in the summer heat.
Take your first step today toward a safe and healthy summer – Stay Informed:
- Register for emergency alerts from CEAN — the Community Emergency Alert Network. You’ll be able to get alerts delivered to your email account(s) and as text messages to your cellphone.
- Get email updates from this emergency blog. Sign up at the top of the right column. You can also receive blog updates via RSS as well.
- Subscribe to NewsWire and receive county news and information by Twitter, email or RSS feeds.
- Add links to the mobile version of our website to your smartphone – as well as FEMA, the American Red Cross, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Weather Service.
- Follow our social media sites (Twitter and Facebook).
- Add apps to your smartphone. Fairfax County has one, as well as the American Red Cross and FEMA.
- Bookmark www.CapitalRegionUpdates.gov for regional news and information, weather reports and links to valuable preparedness and response resources.
Information on summer and heat safety.