April “Emergency Preparedness” Newsletter Features Flooding Safety, Sales Tax Holiday Info and More
Posted at 9:55 a.m.
The April “Emergency Preparedness” newsletter is now available online.
Published by the Office of Emergency Management, the monthly newsletter features the latest emergency preparedness information and news. This month’s issue features several articles on flooding and flood safety, as well as details about the upcoming Hurricane Sales Tax Holiday (May 25-31), barbecue grill safety, how to be “mobile ready” with a new app from the Virginia Department of Emergency Management and more.
Check out this month’s newsletter (PDF). And be sure to subscribe to receive the newsletter by email so you don’t miss a single issue. To subscribe:
- Go to: www.fairfaxcounty.gov/email/lists/.
- To subscribe/start, go to the “Emergency Management” section, then select the circle next to “Emergency Preparedness news and resources” under the “Start” column. (To unsubscribe/discontinue, select the circle next to the information you want to unsubscribe under the “Stop” column.)
- Once you have completed your selection, scroll to the bottom of the list and click “Continue.”
Most Recent Posts
- Schools Closed Tuesday; County Government Open with Unscheduled Leave
- Two to Four Inches of Snow Forecast for Tuesday, Dec. 10
- Today’s Court Hearings Will Be Rescheduled
- Spring Hill and South Run RECenters Closed Until Power is Restored
- Burke Centre, Great Falls, Tysons-Pimmit Libraries Closed Dec. 9