Medicines: Fairfax Prepares Day 25
Posted 4:19 p.m.
This week is Operation Medicine Cabinet Cleanout when you can safely dispose of your unused medicines. This week is also a good reminder to have extra medicine on hand, if possible, in case you can’t access a pharmacy for a few days.
It’s recommended that you have one week’s supply of essential prescription medicines (be sure to check the expiration dates). You should also stock up on over-the-counter medicines you may need.
If you take daily prescription medicine at night, for example, consider bringing an extra dose or two to your place of work in case you can’t get home.
If you or someone in your family needs electricity to take medicine (for example, by using a nebulizer or other device), be sure you’ve thought about how you can continue taking that medicine if there’s a power outage.
For further advice, talk with your medical provider about emergency preparedness and prescription medicines.
TELL US you’ve done this:
- Post a quick reply in this blog’s comments section below such as “I’ve done this.”
- Use the Twitter hashtag #fairfaxprepares and tweet your accomplishment. Include photos if you’d like.
- Like our special Facebook page for this campaign to leave comments and share tips with your friends.
- Email us at email@example.com that you accomplished an ask.
SHARE THIS TIP:
- Click the links below to email, share on social media or print a hard copy. Thanks!