Ways to Stay Informed: Fairfax Prepares Day 12
Posted 4:18 p.m.
Some of the questions focused on specific emergency information tools we use to share updates and to hear what’s going on in the community. We listed a variety of tools in the survey such as:
- Text/email alerts
- This emergency information blog (subscribe by email — top right column)
- County iPhone/Android apps
In written comments about which of these tools people use to stay informed, a clear consensus said we could do a better job in marketing/advertising these tools. Many people were simply unaware.
THE ASK: By this weekend, share this post with a family member or friend (or many others!) and ask them to sign up for at least one of the tools above. We need your help in sharing the menu of options for how people may stay informed during an emergency.
TELL US you’ve done this:
- Post a quick reply in this blog’s comments section below such as “I’ve done this.”
- Use the Twitter hashtag #fairfaxprepares and tweet your accomplishment. Include photos if you’d like.
- Like our special Facebook page for this campaign to leave comments and share tips with your friends.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org that you accomplished an ask.
SHARE THIS TIP:
- Click the links below to email, share on social media or print a hard copy. Thanks!
About Fairfax GovOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- Red Flag Warning issued April 23 at 11:55AM EDT until April 23 at 8:00PM EDT by NWS April 23, 2014...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR PORTIONS OF WESTERN AND LOWER SOUTHERN MARYLAND...NORTHERN VIRGINIA AND THE EASTERN PANHANDLE OF WEST VIRGINIA... * HUMIDITY...20 TO 30 PERCENT THROUGH SUNSET THIS EVENING. * WINDS...NORTHWEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH.