Ways to Stay Informed: Fairfax Prepares Day 12
Posted 4:18 p.m.
Some of the questions focused on specific emergency information tools we use to share updates and to hear what’s going on in the community. We listed a variety of tools in the survey such as:
- Text/email alerts
- This emergency information blog (subscribe by email — top right column)
- County iPhone/Android apps
In written comments about which of these tools people use to stay informed, a clear consensus said we could do a better job in marketing/advertising these tools. Many people were simply unaware.
THE ASK: By this weekend, share this post with a family member or friend (or many others!) and ask them to sign up for at least one of the tools above. We need your help in sharing the menu of options for how people may stay informed during an emergency.
TELL US you’ve done this:
- Post a quick reply in this blog’s comments section below such as “I’ve done this.”
- Use the Twitter hashtag #fairfaxprepares and tweet your accomplishment. Include photos if you’d like.
- Like our special Facebook page for this campaign to leave comments and share tips with your friends.
- Email us at email@example.com that you accomplished an ask.
SHARE THIS TIP:
- Click the links below to email, share on social media or print a hard copy. Thanks!
About Fairfax GovOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- Wind Advisory issued March 12 at 3:05AM EDT until March 13 at 11:00AM EDT by NWS March 12, 2014...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING... ...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 11 AM EDT THURSDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A WIND ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS