Ways to Stay Informed: Fairfax Prepares Day 12
Posted 4:18 p.m.
Some of the questions focused on specific emergency information tools we use to share updates and to hear what’s going on in the community. We listed a variety of tools in the survey such as:
- Text/email alerts
- This emergency information blog (subscribe by email — top right column)
- County iPhone/Android apps
In written comments about which of these tools people use to stay informed, a clear consensus said we could do a better job in marketing/advertising these tools. Many people were simply unaware.
THE ASK: By this weekend, share this post with a family member or friend (or many others!) and ask them to sign up for at least one of the tools above. We need your help in sharing the menu of options for how people may stay informed during an emergency.
TELL US you’ve done this:
- Post a quick reply in this blog’s comments section below such as “I’ve done this.”
- Use the Twitter hashtag #fairfaxprepares and tweet your accomplishment. Include photos if you’d like.
- Like our special Facebook page for this campaign to leave comments and share tips with your friends.
- Email us at email@example.com that you accomplished an ask.
SHARE THIS TIP:
- Click the links below to email, share on social media or print a hard copy. Thanks!
About Fairfax GovOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- Freeze Warning issued April 16 at 1:36PM EDT until April 17 at 9:00AM EDT by NWS April 16, 2014...FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM EDT THURSDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A FREEZE WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM EDT THURSDAY. THE FREEZE WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. * TEMPERATURES...LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S LATE TONIGHT. * TIMING...LATE TONIGHT INTO EARLY THURSDAY MORNING.