Winter Weather Advisory Begins 11 p.m. Friday
Posted 1:11 p.m.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for snow, sleet and freezing rain from 11 p.m. this evening to 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Precipitation Type: Snow, sleet and freezing rain.
- Accumulations: A coating to one inch of snow and sleet. A trace up to a tenth inch from freezing rain.
- Timing: Precipitation will begin as a period of snow and sleet this evening. Precipitation will change to freezing rain and rain overnight before ending as rain later Saturday.
- Impacts: Wintry precipitation will cause slippery traveling conditions late tonight through Saturday morning. Ice will accumulate on trees and power lines.
- Precautionary/Preparedness Actions: Winter weather advisory means that periods of snow, sleet, or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities and use caution while driving.