August 26, 2011
Digital Preparedness Kit
Digital preparedness is an important way to stay informed and connected before, during and after an emergency.
Here are some tips:
- Tell your friends & family you are OK via text, Email, Twitter, Facebookand other social media. Avoid calling by phone.
- Make sure your mobile phone has an electric charger, inverter or solar charger.
- Know how to use your phone to communicate; for example, using WiFi versus a carrier’s network has differences; texting takes less bandwidth than phone calls.
- Charge your digital cameraor buy batteries for your film camera if you need to document storm damage afterwards.
- Save important phone numbers to your phone.
Visit http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/digital-preparedness.htm for some recommended tools, too.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
If you need to report an emergency, call 9-1-1 (voice and TTY; no texting). For non-emergencies call 703-691-2131, TTY 703-877-3715 (TTY).