Digital Preparedness Kit
Digital preparedness is an important way to stay informed and connected before, during and after an emergency.
Here are some tips:
- Tell your friends & family you are OK via text, Email, Twitter, Facebookand other social media. Avoid calling by phone.
- Make sure your mobile phone has an electric charger, inverter or solar charger.
- Know how to use your phone to communicate; for example, using WiFi versus a carrier’s network has differences; texting takes less bandwidth than phone calls.
- Charge your digital cameraor buy batteries for your film camera if you need to document storm damage afterwards.
- Save important phone numbers to your phone.
Visit http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/digital-preparedness.htm for some recommended tools, too.
About Fairfax County Emergency InformationOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- Frost Advisory issued October 19 at 8:28PM EDT until October 20 at 9:00AM EDT by NWS October 20, 2014...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM EDT MONDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A FROST ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM EDT MONDAY. * MINIMUM TEMPERATURES...IN THE MIDDLE 30S. * IMPACTS...POTENTIAL DAMAGE TO SENSITIVE PLANTS.
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
UPDATE A Virginia State Police trooper located the critical missing man, Young Ha Song, at 4:15 a.m. on Interstate 95 at Exit 137 in Stafford. The trooper stopped Mr. Song’s vehicle as he was driving erratically across all lanes of the roadway. The trooper notified Fairfax County Police and arrangements were made for Mr. Song’s […]
Police are asking for assistance in locating Young Ha Song, 80 years old, of the Fairfax area. Mr. Song voluntarily left his home today, driving a black 2004 Honda Pilot SUV with Virginia tags: JJS-2355. He suffers from memory loss and may appear disoriented. He speaks limited English and may attempt to communicate in Korean. He […]
Looking for something a little different this Halloween? Head to the Fairfax County Animal Shelter for the Family Halloween Adopt-a-thon, Thursday, Oct. 30 – Sunday, Nov. 2. Adoption fees for black and/or orange animals of any kind will be waived and all adoption fees will be half-off. More than 40 cats and kittens, 25 […]
This report is published every weekday, except county holidays. The information in each report covers significant criminal incidents generally from the day before; reports published on Monday cover the preceding Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Some incidents may appear a day or two after the occurrence. The report contains selected crimes, including animal-related incidents and property […]
Mason Police District – Police responded to a report of a woman struck while crossing Leesburg Pike near Row Street at around 9:45 p.m. on Thursday, October 16. The pedestrian, Irma Taracena, 61, of Munson Hill Road in Falls Church, was transported to the hospital where she was pronounced dead. Taracena was reportedly crossing Leesburg […]