Digital Preparedness Kit
Digital preparedness is an important way to stay informed and connected before, during and after an emergency.
Here are some tips:
- Tell your friends & family you are OK via text, Email, Twitter, Facebookand other social media. Avoid calling by phone.
- Make sure your mobile phone has an electric charger, inverter or solar charger.
- Know how to use your phone to communicate; for example, using WiFi versus a carrier’s network has differences; texting takes less bandwidth than phone calls.
- Charge your digital cameraor buy batteries for your film camera if you need to document storm damage afterwards.
- Save important phone numbers to your phone.
Visit http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/digital-preparedness.htm for some recommended tools, too.
About Fairfax GovOfficial emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
View Posts By Category
Fairfax County Police Department News
This report is published every weekday, except county holidays. The information in each report covers significant criminal incidents generally from the day before; reports published on Monday cover the preceding Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Some incidents may appear a day … Continue reading →
The victim in this case has been identified as Filaberto Felipe Paz Ramirez, 27, 6001 Knollwood Drive. Police were able to contact family members in Guatemala to make notification. Previous releases: http://fcpdnews.wordpress.com/2014/09/02/update-culmore-death-investigated-as-homicide/ http://fcpdnews.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/suspicious-death-in-culmore-area/ More Information: Follow us on Twitter @fairfaxpolice Like us on Facebook … Continue reading →
The autopsy has been completed and police are now investigating this case as a homicide. The victim has been identified but next of kin has not been located yet. Upon further investigation, police can no longer rule out the possibility … Continue reading →
Around 2:07 a.m. on Monday, September 1, police were called to the 6000 block of Bellview Drive in the Culmore area, for a report of a suspicious person. Upon arrival, police discovered the body of an adult male in a … Continue reading →
Fairfax County Police urge motorists to be extra vigilant for pedestrians and bicyclists as county schools resume classes Tuesday, September 2. Commuters should expect increased congestion throughout the week and build time into their schedules to accommodate for the traditionally … Continue reading →